Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 10:39 PM

currently reading??

As the title says.. What have you got on the go at the minute?

I'm reading Mr Rosenblum's List or friendly guidance for the aspiring Englishman. Its by Natasha Solomons
http://natashasolomons.com/mr-rosenblums-list/
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 10:56 PM

Re: currently reading??

The new Kathy Reichs, Spider Bones. Next on the shelf is George Martin's A Storm of Swords (third in the trilogy). Have the next Alys Clare on hold at the library.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 11:10 PM

I fancy Spider Bones myself.. must check my mother hasn't got it before I look for it myself.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Can you put a hold on your library, Cassie? Before I got a computer it drove me mad looking at the New Fiction shelf waiting for something I wanted to read to be available. Just started Spider Bones, starting out interestingly.
Cassie
West Wales

13-09-2010, 09:08 AM

Does that mean can I reserve a book? I would imagine so but I never bother with them as the nearest decent one is over an hour away. Ive read the books im interested in on our mobile library. To be honest I like to look at ones in our big supermarket that are ofter on offer or BOGOF & mum and I share a sale cost.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 09:33 AM

I`m working my way through the Falco novels by Lynn Davis. Set in ancient Rome, and really brings it to life.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 10:17 AM

In Hitler's Bunker - about the last days of Hitler's life in the Bunker. Next is First Flight and then Never Surrender - loads more as well that I have still to catch up on.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2010, 04:29 PM

PD James 'The Lighthouse'
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

18-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Oh, that was a good one, I love P.D.James novels. I'm still on the Storm of Swords ... it's over 1000 pages. If you enjoy a good fantasy, this is well written, good characterization and not really heavy on the fantasy (there are dragons, though!). More interplay between characters and political intrigue, war, asassinations, etc.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Time to Pay by Lyndon Stacey not particularly good but now I've started I must finish to find out 'whodunit'.

On the lighter side I have Dara O'Briain's Tickling the English which is making me laugh out loud as is Look Back in Hunger by Jo Brand hilarious. I also have Room by Emma Donoghue to read which looks as if it will be good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top