Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 05:57 PM

Broken little toe

Ouch ouch ouch!!! Last night it started to rain very heavily so quickly got up to shut the french doors in the sitting room but stubbed my little toe on a piece of furniture. Had bare feet so my poor little toe took the full impact. Very very painful, all red/blue, swollen and bruised and couldn't sleep last night because it hurt so much and can't even touch it. Dogs had absolutely no sympathy - typical.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 06:28 PM

Re: Broken little toe

Ouch! I hope the pain begins to subside soon...

These things are done so easily too, aren't they
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 06:37 PM

Thanks Mags

Very frustrating as used to walking everywhere very quickly and now can only hobble.

Sue
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 06:44 PM

I don't think they can splint little toes can they. Hope it gets better soon
buttercup
Wiltshire

12-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Unless it is really out of shape, which it isn't, then I think you just have to let nature take it's course. Just hope nature is working extra fast!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Never broke a toe, but did a finger, and you are right, hurts abominably! Take some painkillers and try to stay off it as much as possible.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Once broke my big toe and it was painful, so can sympathise with you Buttercup.....I stubbed mine on piece of furniture as well. Couldn't do anything about it at hospital-just take painkillers. Hope your toe soon mends........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 09:48 PM

Poor you! Hope it gets well soon
Petal2
New Member!
Top of Hampshire
Petal2 is female 

13-09-2010, 10:42 AM

did that once and yes...very painfull....I hope the painkillers work to help you move about..although it is better to keep off it a bit...easier said than done though...and hope it wont be long before it gets better...
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2010, 01:37 PM

ouch indeed-how many of us have stubbed their toes??.

Broken digits can be very painful,the last time I broke a finger I think it was someone telling me I was getting too old to play cricket. I saw the ball coming,got my hands,so I thought, in the right position but instead of going in properly it hit a finger. That was before `fixing` of course

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top