Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:42 PM

Hospital Vending Machines

Have you ever noticed the amount of sweets/ chocolates/ biscuits etc on display for sale in Hospital vending machines ? Also in the food stores [ i.e M&S food ]in Hospital reception areas
I know its difficult to offer 'healthy 'options, but it just goesto show how we still buy & eat these ' unhealthy' items
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 07:44 PM

Re: Hospital Vending Machines

I do, bugger the healthy crap, how many old vegetarians have you met?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 08:10 PM

I suppose they could put cereal bars in them as well
And fruit juices...

Mind you, the Friends of * Hospital are usually serving up toast dripping in butter anyway! That's where the queues are!

* = insert name of your local hospital
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 03:12 AM

Last year in hospital 6 times the hospital food was ok but repetitive and a bit bland. But as soon as i could shuffle / walk i would go to the restaurant on a Sunday morning for a cooked breakfast.

Coming back i would describe in detail to the nurses and my fellow patients the delights i had just enjoyed. They said nasty things to me.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I suppose they could put cereal bars in them as well
And fruit juices...

Mind you, the Friends of * Hospital are usually serving up toast dripping in butter anyway! That's where the queues are!

* = insert name of your local hospital
Well put.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 06:23 AM

They're there for the nurses - have you seen the size of some of them?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 06:39 AM

Hi

I can recall being in one Hospital where I point blank refused to eat the food. it was all brought in for me.

One of my ex colleagues had visited me and told me about the state of the kitchens.

I do like the League of Friends places though.

I will be having a gorgeous sultana scone and a coffee at the one I am going to today.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 10:07 AM

My husband has a hospital on his route and did couple of years ago experiment with healthy options. 1 the fruit and healthy snacks deteriated too fast 2 no one bought them

Wasted food.

They then tried healthy sandwiches again deteriated too fast and very slow selling.

Filled it with Mars bars, crisps fizzy drinks they sell quick, they last 4 days so he can fill the machine as contracted Monday and Friday.

You can offer people foods that are good for them but you can't make them buy them or eat them.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 04:18 PM

I have no doubt that is absolutely true in the hospital "cafeterias", Julie.

But, if you've had a shark take a munch on your body, or you've had major spinal surgery or oral cancer,
I found that hospital meals were appropriate and really, not high on the importance list.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2016, 04:23 PM

Somehow I don't think cucumbers and lettuce leaves would work too well in a vending machine and don't forget that they are also used by visitors who have been waiting around for a few hours and in need of a fix.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top