Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 08:59 AM

have you told a big lie ?

A few years back I was working at an accountants and had been there for years a few of the staff were smokers on a regular basis and would pop out for a ciggy during break times . The smoking area was outside my reception office in a patio area and the ashtray was a very large catering coffee tin , this was left to the staff to empty and no one ever did so it was 3/4 full of old cigarette buts .

I liked the odd cigarette but never smoked at work and no one knew I smoked I never mentioned it so they thought I was a non smoker .

For days it had been hot and the cigarette tin was filling up even more , at the end of a busy working day the staff had gone home and before I left I decided to have a secret puff outside in the smoking area , something I'd never done before . When finished I dropped the cig into the overflowing tin locked up the office and went home .

That evening I got a frantic phone call from the boss to say he had smelt burning and discovered the cigarette tin on fire saying the place could have burnt down and did I know who had caused it ..........

I lied and said I had no idea , he questioned all the staff the next day and I never admitted it was me . For weeks people talked about it and denied it was them the boss was furious for days .When I think of what could have happened I cringe with shame

I left the company not long after and non of them ever knew I smoked !

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:04 AM

Re: have you told a big lie ?

Lol I can see why you didn't own up I think biggest one I told was about work too, a key went missing I denied all knowledge then realised it was in pocket of my coat, I could have owned up but at that time I was being bullied really badly and could just see this becoming a huge thing, so I kept quiet.

Turned out after they changed the lock it became known my bullying boss had two copies of the original key and had forgotten he had them !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:04 AM

OH, naughty girl susan mind you, if you'd told the truth you might have been sacked.

I know it probably sounds like I'm a 'goody two shoes' as my Mum used to say, but I can't recall ever telling any big whoppers.
I guess that's why I'm so cross if anyone lies to me.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
A few years back I was working at an accountants and had been there for years a few of the staff were smokers on a regular basis and would pop out for a ciggy during break times . The smoking area was outside my reception office in a patio area and the ashtray was a very large catering coffee tin , this was left to the staff to empty and no one ever did so it was 3/4 full of old cigarette buts .

I liked the odd cigarette but never smoked at work and no one knew I smoked I never mentioned it so they thought I was a non smoker .

For days it had been hot and the cigarette tin was filling up even more , at the end of a busy working day the staff had gone home and before I left I decided to have a secret puff outside in the smoking area , something I'd never done before . When finished I dropped the cig into the overflowing tin locked up the office and went home .

That evening I got a frantic phone call from the boss to say he had smelt burning and discovered the cigarette tin on fire saying the place could have burnt down and did I know who had caused it ..........

I lied and said I had no idea , he questioned all the staff the next day and I never admitted it was me . For weeks people talked about it and denied it was them the boss was furious for days .When I think of what could have happened I cringe with shame

I left the company not long after and non of them ever knew I smoked !

You seem to be boasting about it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You seem to be boasting about it!

I think that's a bit unfair tarantula, the way I read it is susan is just saying what happened. Which part do you consider 'boasting?'
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think that's a bit unfair tarantula, the way I read it is susan is just saying what happened. Which part do you consider 'boasting?'
It is certainly nothing to be proud about that is for sure.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It is certainly nothing to be proud about that is for sure.
She didn't sound proud at all.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:24 AM

[QUOTE=tarantula;1001013]You seem to be boasting about it![

I have nothing to boast about , my story is told tongue in cheek and with cringes and smiles of the naughty girl I once was
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-09-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
She didn't sound proud at all.

Not to me either, Julie. Like I said, she just told it as it was.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2016, 09:40 AM

Never admit anything unless you have to. That's my motto.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top