Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 08:16 AM

The Pope's Visit

I am angry that tax payers are funding Benny's visit to the UK. I hope loud but non-violent protests greet him on every leg of his visit. I think the Catholic heirachy should resign as they have turned a blind eye for far too long to the evils within their church especially the paedophile priest scandal. It would appear Benny is chief among the apologists for these priests!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 12:25 PM

Re: The Pope's Visit

I just hope that where he is going to "preach" in Bellahouston Park that there are no riots! Too near Rangers football ground!! The Vatican should pay all the countries involved to host his visit and to pay for all the policing and security - and the ground he is to visit!.

There was an awful mess left after one of the other pope's visit to the Bellahouston Park!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:07 PM

Why are we paying for the visit anyway!? We all have to tighten our belts and I heard it's going to cost 80 million!!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:13 PM

I believe the British tax payer is coughing up 12 million.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:27 PM

That's still 12 million too much imo
Dancingsky
None

12-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
That's still 12 million too much imo

I agree!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:41 PM

What about taxpayers footing the bill of foreign dignitaries from country's that do not believe in Human rights?
Dont get me started about us having to foot bills for visitors to this country or our dignitaries to other country's.
People do not seem to complain about those.

The cost of the Popes visit is over £20 million(£5 milliom less than his last visit) of which we are asked to pay £12 million because he was invited to come here.

I do not agree with it but are our christian people not allowed to have the head of their church visit them?
Dancingsky
None

12-09-2010, 03:46 PM

Catholics can invite the Pope to visit if they want him to come, but to expect the tax payer to pay towards it isn't on! No other religious leader has been granted state visit status! It is offensve from many points of view. The cost now we are expected to tighten our belts, and the fact that the Catholic church has turned a blind eye to paedophile priests all over the world to name but two!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Catholics can invite the Pope to visit if they want him to come, but to expect the tax payer to pay towards it isn't on! No other religious leader has been granted state visit status! It is offensve from many points of view. The cost now we are expected to tighten our belts, and the fact that the Catholic church has turned a blind eye to paedophile priests all over the world to name but two!
I suggest that you check on your facts.
The head of our country (Queen Elizabeth) invited the pope to visit us.The last time I checked the Queen was not a catholic.
Dancingsky
None

12-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I suggest that you check on your facts.
The head of our country (Queen Elizabeth) invited the pope to visit us.The last time I checked the Queen was not a catholic.

Well I hope she invites the chief Imam too whoever that is! But no doubt you would have a problem with that if your racist comments on the other thread are anything to go by!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top