Join for free
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 02:07 PM

Angel Feathers!

I watched an item on the TV about angels some years ago. The guest on the show said that you could ask an angel to give you evidence of their existence by producing feathers! At the time I thought no more about it, thinking that it was a silly fanciful notion. However, on one of my daily walks it came to mind again. Thinking 'nothing ventured, nothing gained', I said, "OK, if there is an angel in the vicinity, prove it!" As I rounded the bend in the road I found a pure white, fluffy feather every few yards down the whole stretch of the road until it met the T-junction!

I mentioned this extraordinary occurrence to my husband, fully expecting a sarcastic, teasing response. I was not disappointed! He is very disbelieving of anything that purports to be supernatural.

With tongue firmly imbedded in cheek, he asked any passing angel to send him a sign! Sometime later he discovered, on turning down the duvet, two white, fluffy feathers. We do not have feather pillows or duvets. Until his serious illness my husband consistently found white fluffy feathers in places no feathers should be! Once when he took off his shirt I was very amused to find one on each of his shoulder blades.

We always disposed of the feathers so there is no chance of them being recycled, each batch are fresh!

Of course we don't really believe the feathers are being sent by angels, but it is an interesting conundrum!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 06:09 PM

Re: Angel Feathers!

If it gives comfort then I think it is ok to believe. Out walking my dogs one day not long after my husband died I was crying and said "if you are okay and happy wherever you are then show me somehow". Just a few steps ahead there was one white feather right in front of me. No other feathers around whatsoever and I did not see any other feathers on my walk. It did give me some comfort at the time.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by buttercup ->
If it gives comfort then I think it is ok to believe. Out walking my dogs one day not long after my husband died I was crying and said "if you are okay and happy wherever you are then show me somehow". Just a few steps ahead there was one white feather right in front of me. No other feathers around whatsoever and I did not see any other feathers on my walk. It did give me some comfort at the time.
If something like that give you comfort it can't be bad.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 07:43 PM

Sounds like someone's having you on
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2010, 07:57 PM

I don't think so. I think there is a great deal we do not know about life and death.. Anyway, as long as it does not do any harm to anyone then it is fine.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top