Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 02:03 PM

11th September 2001

Remembering those who lost their lives on that tragic day...

It happened 9 years ago today but that horrific day will remain with me forever.

I was in the middle of making my granddaughter's 1st birthday cake when the news broke, from then on the cake was forgotten and I was glued to the TV in shock. The cake was never finished, I had lost interest in it.

My heart goes out to all the families who have lost loved ones in the wake of destruction that day and all of the days since.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 02:46 PM

Re: 11th September 2001

We were watching the TV when the second plane struck the twin towers, it was like watching a film and didn't seem particularly real. It was a sad time, but life goes on.

The madman of a pastor who is threatening to burn the Qu'ran certainly isn't helping matters. I think a Mosque at Ground Zero is a good idea. I think all religions should be represented there.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 03:04 PM

I was on a flight to Madrid, and on getting there got lots of phone msgs telling me about it and asking if I was ok - I said I'm miles away in Europe

Apparently the person who wants to open that mosque is meant to be a very moderate muslim - if we are gonna have muslims (or any religious people for that matter lol) I would prefer moderate ones to extremest ones!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I was on a flight to Madrid, and on getting there got lots of phone msgs telling me about it and asking if I was ok - I said I'm miles away in Europe

Apparently the person who wants to open that mosque is meant to be a very moderate muslim - if we are gonna have muslims (or any religious people for that matter lol) I would prefer moderate ones to extremest ones!
I agree.
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
The madman of a pastor who is threatening to burn the Qu'ran certainly isn't helping matters.
There we disagree.

The true 'madmen' of this tale are the idiots that burned innocent men, women and children alive with aircraft fuel. Calling a spade a spade is not the problem.

I find it odd that the muslims have burned the pastor in effigy and no one finds that hypocritical.

This is just another case of political correctness lunacy. A simple book burning is mild. These kinds of animals should be hunted down, one by one, wherever in the world they attempt to hide.
Dancingsky
None

11-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Tourist ->
There we disagree.

The true 'madmen' of this tale are the idiots that burned innocent men, women and children alive with aircraft fuel. Calling a spade a spade is not the problem.

I find it odd that the muslims have burned the pastor in effigy and no one finds that hypocritical.

This is just another case of political correctness lunacy. A simple book burning is mild. These kinds of animals should be hunted down, one by one, wherever in the world they attempt to hide.
I would lock up that nutter of a pastor as he is really stirring things up all over the world. No book burning is right. The Christians in the US, of whom there seem to be many extremists, would be up in arms if Muslims started burning the Bible.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I would lock up that nutter of a pastor as he is really stirring things up all over the world. No book burning is right. The Christians in the US, of whom there seem to be many extremists, would be up in arms if Muslims started burning the Bible.

I think its a shame that on this day of remembrance a moronic pastor has made it into a political argument.

Even the far right like Palin and Beck have condemned this man.
Dancingsky
None

11-09-2010, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I think its a shame that on this day of remembrance a moronic pastor has made it into a political argument.

Even the far right like Palin and Beck have condemned this man.
Blimey, he must be bad if the likes of that awful woman Palin have condemned him!
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 05:34 PM

I remember the day well ..

My daughter was laying on the sofa and I was in the kitchen ..she just screamed for me to come and look at the TV ..it was like you say watching a film we just couldn't believe what we were watching..

The next day I went into work and I remember we were all just stunned.. I looked at my work mate and just burst into tears..all those innocent people .......
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2010, 06:05 PM

I remember that day well-fanatics are a disgrace to which ever `religion` they say they support.

And as for that pastor? a little man with a tiny congregation who should remain so-just a little man.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top