Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 01:40 PM

Vitamins, Herbal remedies

Some will be outlawed, others will only be available in reduced doses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-vitamins.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13215010?SThisFB
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 01:49 PM

Re: Vitamins, Herbal remedies

The BBC piece is five years old, the Mail piece undated. This seems to be old news. The reason for the plans is politicians kowtowing to multinational pharmaceutical companies who do not wasn't cheap competition. They want to sell low strength supplements at the same price as the current higher strength products, causing users to take more and buy more.
I am surprised it has not already happened.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 01:57 PM

Steer well clear of these rip off products...companies seize upon people's vulnerabilities and make fortunes out of people's Ill-perceived health problems....be warned and save your money.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The BBC piece is five years old, the Mail piece undated. This seems to be old news. The reason for the plans is politicians kowtowing to multinational pharmaceutical companies who do not wasn't cheap competition. They want to sell low strength supplements at the same price as the current higher strength products, causing users to take more and buy more.
I am surprised it has not already happened.
Yes I did wonder just how old the reports were.
I was in a hurry and there had been some chat about it all on the radio this morning.

I googled and found those two articles.

Apologies
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yes I did wonder just how old the reports were.
I was in a hurry and there had been some chat about it all on the radio this morning.

I googled and found those two articles.

Apologies
Rachel, today's date is shown at the top of the Mail link ...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Rachel, today's date is shown at the top of the Mail link ...
Sunday 25th Sept 2016 ... yep.

Once again the overpriveledged, over funded BBC does it again !

It appeared soon after I found the Mail article and I didn't manage to find a date, so thought to include it ... and why not
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by rachel ->
sunday 25th sept 2016 ... :-d yep.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 02:58 PM

I am not convinced the Mail article was dated today. The date at the top of the page is just the Mail header that applies across the website, regardless of the age of the article. The article date is usually by the author's name and it isn't.
But really it is not relevant, the crux of the story, Big Pharma trying to restrict our rights as consumers holds whatever the date.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-09-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
But really it is not relevant, the crux of the story, Big Pharma trying to restrict our rights as consumers
EU regulations
Devo
SW UK

26-09-2016, 08:04 AM

And how did the regulations get there? - lobbying from the industry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top