Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 08:43 PM

Musicals

I loved the old musical films It never seemed strange that the stars would suddenly break into a song or dance,yet in real life this would be absolutely ridiculous.Did any others love these films and who were your favourite stars ?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 08:54 PM

Re: Musicals

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I loved the old musical films It never seemed strange that the stars would suddenly break into a song or dance,yet in real life this would be absolutely ridiculous.Did any others love these films and who were your favourite stars ?
I Know lots of tradesmen who break into song when they are working. Very entertaining as well.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:09 PM

yes i loved old musicals , Gene Kelly i loved , my heart throb
And i dreamed of being in the musicals on stage , I can sing but cannot now keep up with the dancing ,

Singing in the rain , was thee most favorite

Easter Parade with Judy Garland another favorite .

Meet me in st Louis

Babes on Broadway

Then there was Sound of Music , Grease ,

I also break into song at a drop of a hat , even done it in Debenhams trying on a Fur coat , my sister was with me ,

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I Know lots of tradesmen who break into song when they are working. Very entertaining as well.
I've been compared to Pavarotti on more than one occasion which is confusing as I can't sing.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 10:30 PM

I liked the oldies mentioned, South Pacific, White Christmas, some of the Danny Kaye films and also newer ones like Little Shop of Horrors!
Too many others to mention!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 01:15 AM

Not a big Musicals fan though I must admit I liked Cats, Westside Story, Grease and a couple more.

I much prefer stage to film.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 01:34 AM

Love the musicals. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, South Pacific, Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, Scrooge with Albert Finney, Les Miserables (that's quite old now) Singing in the Rain, loads and loads.......but NOT, definitely NOT , the Wizard of OZ.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
.......but NOT, definitely NOT , the Wizard of OZ.
LOL! I think I must be the only person on the planet that has not seen that one - can't stand Judy Garland.

My favourites are:-

Kismet

Kiss me Kate

Seven Brides for seven brothers

Rose Marie (Howard Keel version)

Cats

Phantom of the Opera
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 08:47 AM

I hadn't seen singing in the rain , until one Christmas my aunt, who is no longer with us, wanted to watch it, so , Christmas afternoon we all sat down to watch it, I was surprised just how much I enjoyed it, even my son liked it, if I ever see it again it will always remind me of my auntie,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2016, 09:33 AM

I love watching all the old Hollywood musicals and films on a Sunday afternoon with the fire on. Of course it doesn't happen much these days as Tv channels are more likely to be showing an autopsy or a scripted reality show.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top