Join for free
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 02:07 PM

A third more mothers over 45!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37440538

I can't imagine giving birth in middle age, and certainly don't think it fair to the child to have much older parents. Going through the teenage stage in your late 50s or 60s is enough to propel you towards an early grave, imo!

My husband's parents were of my grandparent's generation when they had him, his brother being 14 years older. They were old for their age, and left it to his brother to play with him.

We had our own birth children when we were in our 20s.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 02:21 PM

Re: A third more mothers over 45!

I had my first child at 23 and my last child when l was 40!
Not so many had them at 40 in 1988 so l was quite worried at the time!
I needn't have been, it was the best time and l wish l'd had another at that time. I was much more calm and able!
The worst part was putting up with people's jokes as she was my fifth child.. 'Haven't you got a television?' and similar!
I would even have a baby now if l could!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 03:15 PM

Re: A third more mothers over 45!

People's lives pan out differently.
Not everyone is able to have children in their twenties
As long as the parents and baby are healthy I can't see a problem with it. People are living longer now.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top