Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 10:54 AM

TExting doh!

Texting,
I have been trying since the turn of the century to master this art form ,but I am stilll all fingers and thumbs, so I've resorted to using a kind of PIDGIN text. all lower case & including such succinct gems as

"me ok you ok?"

Any other dummys out there?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Re: TExting doh!

I have a new Alcatel phone from Tesco
The keyboard has predictive text and it really is very good.
You just have to type a letter or two and then chose the word you want from the supplied suggestions, I can text easily and far more quickly than I used to do.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Whilst I have just about mastered the typing on tiny keys part , the most irritating thing for me is when the predictive text changes a perfectly legitimate word to something else. It sometimes makes nonsense of the whole message, not that I need any help with that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:23 AM

We have had a few laughs with the predictive texts, my husband sent me one asking me to get Barron's while I was out, puzzled and puzzled and went home with carrots but he wanted batteries I said pick up my parcel from the post office but got one back querying why I wanted him to park outside the post office ??
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Whilst I have just about mastered the typing on tiny keys part , the most irritating thing for me is when the predictive text changes a perfectly legitimate word to something else. It sometimes makes nonsense of the whole message, not that I need any help with that.
The predictive text on my phone only inserts the word
you chose from the suggested examples so no silly words or phrases.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Typing is not the problem with FIL and hubby they cannot send the texts to the right person.

FIL sent a text to hubby when it should have gone to his girlfriend and hubby sent a text to our next door neighbour when it should have come to me.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2016, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Typing is not the problem with FIL and hubby they cannot send the texts to the right person.

FIL sent a text to hubby when it should have gone to his girlfriend and hubby sent a text to our next door neighbour when it should have come to me.
No real cure for that ... it sounds like old age !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
The predictive text on my phone only inserts the word
you chose from the suggested examples so no silly words or phrases.
My old steam powered phone also has that function but it has taken me ten years to find it.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 01:44 PM

I don't use a mobile but most of my friends do.
One, in particular will send me messages and they come out (on my landline) as an automated voice

This is all well and good but more often than not the messages make no sense whatsoever

I think he texts while cycling and drinking lager

Another friend rang me in the early hours one morning, quite upset, because he'd sent her a message which we interpreted as **** off Anne.

Turned out that it was meant for someone else.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Texting,
I have been trying since the turn of the century to master this art form ,but I am stilll all fingers and thumbs, so I've resorted to using a kind of PIDGIN text. all lower case & including such succinct gems as

"me ok you ok?"

Any other dummys out there?
"Me oK 2"
I’m happy enough as I am and don’t need texting. I tried it once and became annoyed trying to type the letters in without making mistakes, even thought of filing my finger to a point, I decided it wasn’t for me and never tried it again, anyway I haven’t got and never use a mobile phone, there’ll be no chance of me being lost in a desert or stranded on an Island in the future so it doesn’t bother me. Just thinking, it would be very annoying having that thing buzzing every few minutes when your having a quiet pint, then having to type back an answer, life is tough enough as it is why complicate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top