Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 08:33 AM

The Labels attached to you

In real life I rarely get to hear how people label me (or perceive me) but am often surprised at how other's perceptions of me on forums correlate with my own self-identification. Some see way off.

Do you get labelled?

Are you surprised by the labels people attach to you?

Do some seem familiar and some way off the mark?

Do you believe them and get offended?

My own take is that the judgements people make about me as a person is a reflection of themselves and is rarely an objective understanding or reading of me, so generally I don't take offence.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:02 AM

Re: The Labels attached to you

There is no, one size fits all label for a person, like say, a persons confidence label could read Small, but their Ego label could read Extra Extra Large.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:05 AM

My label says "Escaped from funny farm but harmless"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:16 AM

My label just has my name and address on it in case I'm found ....
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:26 AM

I get told " Just like your Father"

Now that would be great if i knew that they were referring to Artistry , he was a brilliant Artist,or his ability to get into conversation with anyone . BUT no they are just talking about his frustrating ways , such as the time on Euston station at 11pm when with my wife , she left him sitting on a seat whilst she went to enquire about a train, only to come back and find that he was not there. It eventually involved a couple of policemen, they found him sitting somewhere else with a newspaper open in front of him. Sorry i didnt realise I had moved to another seat. GRRRRRRRRRrr.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:26 AM

People's opinions, of you, usually reflect your attitude and behavior in their eyes, as does your own opinion of yourself! No two people see things the same, so we have to accept that people view us differently to our own opinion.
So long as I feel I am doing the right things, nobody else's opinion matters, because they can opt to not spend time with me, but I can't!
Forum rules say " Attack the post but not the poster" and if we all follow that rule people should never be labelled on here. Perhaps we should all try to remember that!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:27 AM

I've been quite shocked at how some label me here, it's so different to how I am labelled absolutely everywhere else ? ?

I can only imagine it's a problem they see in themselves they project onto me as what they say seems to me to fit them not me
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:42 AM

Interesting question............ When I'm introduced to someone, I can see in their eyes the label being attached which reads: Very posh; university education, well off, born with silver spoon etc............ What they can't tell - secondary school education, not well off, no university, but indoctrinated from an early age by received pronunciation which makes me sound like royalty and certainly different from the rest of my family!
Have tried and failed to downsize the posh accent!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:56 AM

Hi

I have desperately tried to upscale my broad Yorkshire accent.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2016, 09:59 AM

Most if not all of my label's have L on them now.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top