Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:45 PM

Do we use our Brains and Senses?

Hi

A new thread, prompted by Mups.

Simple answer is no, we don't.

I have travelled a lot, met some amazing people, what many in the West would describe as uneducated.

Their senses are far more acute than ours.

They can smell, see and hear far better than we can.

They can detect heat signatures with their fingers, far better than we can.

The human brain is capable of far more than we give it credit for.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Re: Do we use our Brains and Senses?

I totally agree with that, Swimmy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I totally agree with that, Swimmy.

Yes, so do I Tabs.

I also think the more and more reliant we get on technology, the more our brains will adapt and previously needed senses will eventually disappear.
We won't have to rely on touch or smell or even hearing probably, as future generations will only have to press a button on a screen to know everything they want to know.

Even love nowadays if often found through technology, as is making babies, obtaining food, and even talking.
I suppose before long we will even be able to use 'smell' on computers too.
Think of it, you men will be able to smell your technical lady's perfume online!

It might even be increasingly difficult for us to survive for any length of time one day, if technology broke down for a long period.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 04:53 PM

I think countryfolk make better use of all their senses than townsfolk.
We walk in the dark improving our night vision, take note of all the small sounds around us, smell and distinguish the scents of animals and plants
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 04:56 PM

Surely... this can all be blamed on... Progress?!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, so do I Tabs.

I also think the more and more reliant we get on technology, the more our brains will adapt and previously needed senses will eventually disappear.
We won't have to rely on touch or smell or even hearing probably, as future generations will only have to press a button on a screen to know everything they want to know.

Even love nowadays if often found through technology, as is making babies, obtaining food, and even talking.
I suppose before long we will even be able to use 'smell' on computers too.
Think of it, you men will be able to smell your technical lady's perfume online!

It might even be increasingly difficult for us to survive for any length of time one day, if technology broke down for a long period.
I agree Mups....if the world wide web goes down nowadays people start tearing their hair out and getting with drawal symptoms lol
Technology will one day make peoples senses redundant
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I agree Mups....if the world wide web goes down nowadays people start tearing their hair out and getting with drawal symptoms lol
Technology will one day make peoples senses redundant
Aysa, Again, Progress! Things move on, nothing stands still!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 06:15 PM

Yes thats right Art ....it does move on ...wether its progress as such Im not so sure.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2016, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Yes thats right Art ....it does move on ...wether its progress as such Im not so sure.

Aysa, l think you're right but only time will tell!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:46 PM

The speed of progress can not be sustained at its present rate.
It's not linear. We have only had the benefit of electricity for the last couple hundred years and just over a hundred years since the first airplanes took to the skies.

Providing we are not overcome by catastrophe we will start running out of stuff, Copper is one of the first things to go. Can you imagine a world without Copper - No pipes or electrical wires. Sand would be the next thing in short supply.. The desserts are full of it I hear you say...Yes but it's the wrong kind of sand for building or making glass it's too smooth.

So temporarily some of our senses might become dulled or even redundant, and our brains may even lose some of the functions, but the human body is very adaptable and will soon develop the necessary skills to survive in a new environment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top