Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:00 PM

Ben Needham: mum told to prepare for the worst.

A witness has come forward, telling of his friend(now deceased)and an accident with a digger, on the day Ben disappeared.

If these persons knew about it why the hell didn't they come forward?

They could have saved this poor woman from 25 years of living hell.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mir...ps-8845583.amp
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:05 PM

Re: Ben Needham: mum told to prepare for the worst.

Just saw that on the lunchtime news Tpin.

I don't know why the man left it so long to come forward. Maybe he felt more loyalty to his friend than he did to a stranger? Or maybe his friend has now died so he feels free to spill the beans?

Ben's poor mother though, will she ever be able to get over the utter deceipt, and years of torture, if it does turn out to be true.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:06 PM

It doesn't make it right, but no doubt the witness didn't want to "drop" his friend in it, as they say. It certainly isn't something I could have lived with on my conscience, but I'm sure there are many who could. Ben's mother has suffered for years over the loss of him, I wouldn't begin to know how she will feel if the new search finds evidence or not, I don't know which will be worse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It doesn't make it right, but no doubt the witness didn't want to "drop" his friend in it, as they say. It certainly isn't something I could have lived with on my conscience, but I'm sure there are many who could. Ben's mother has suffered for years over the loss of him, I wouldn't begin to know how she will feel if the new search finds evidence or not, I don't know which will be worse.

Yes quite, clumsy. I thought the same.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:11 PM

I can see why the delay ... the bloke died last year.
Even so ... faced with reporting an accidental death at the time and perhaps even facing some kind of criminal charges for negligence ... I still can't comprehend anyone so selfish and callous they'd want to save their own neck and force the little lads mother to suffer a living hell.

She's going to be devastated whichever way it turns out.
Especially as she says her mother's instinct had led her to believe her little Ben was still alive.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:15 PM

Oh My gawd that poor Woman,I can't imagine how distraught She must be after all these years of hope,all because of a rotten coward.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-09-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh My gawd that poor Woman,I can't imagine how distraught She must be after all these years of hope,all because of a rotten coward.

I think I'd wanna kill him meself, May.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:36 PM

Hi

I have to say that if I was a male member of Ben's family the person concerned had better start running.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:39 PM

Whilst I have every sympathy with anyone that loses a child, I shudder to think what this case and that of the McCanns have cost the taxpayer.

Apparently South Yorks police have just announced another £1m investigation into the Needham case on top of what has been spent in the last 25 years or so, but just remind me in these days of slashed budgets and manpower shortages at home, what South Yorks police have to do with an incident in Greece, or what the Met has to do with an incident in Portugal?

It seems that it is either a case of "he who shouts loudest gets most", or it is just a great excuse for a few days in the sun for a privilidged few coppers. Either way the spending of such vast sums on incidents abroad over which our police have no jurisdiction pees me off big time and needs to stop pronto.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Whilst I have every sympathy with anyone that loses a child, I shudder to think what this case and that of the McCanns have cost the taxpayer.

Apparently South Yorks police have just announced another £1m investigation into the Needham case on top of what has been spent in the last 25 years or so, but just remind me in these days of slashed budgets and manpower shortages at home, what South Yorks police have to do with an incident in Greece, or what the Met has to do with an incident in Portugal?

It seems that it is either a case of "he who shouts loudest gets most", or it is just a great excuse for a few days in the sun for a privilidged few coppers. Either way the spending of such vast sums on incidents abroad over which our police have no jurisdiction pees me off big time and needs to stop pronto.

Hi

Barry, I agree with you on most things.

When it comes to family however, I don't.

Any git who hurts my kids is going to face the consequences.

Just my views as a Dad.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top