Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 12:47 PM

What do you think?

I just saw on telly, that there is a someone making "Trinkets" for women out of their baby's umbilical cord!!!

Would you wear a necklace from your baby's cord?
They showed a picture of one necklace and it looked just like a long, coloured sinew of some sort - agh!
Personally, I think that is really gross.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:02 PM

Re: What do you think?

I guess if you like that kind of thing it is ok and no worse than wearing a dead fox around your neck as my stepmother used to do *shudders*

One of the girls I once looked after who came from the African continent gave all the house staff a leaving present of a handbag. They were made of the skin of some animal and inside the bags there seemed to be part of the animal still attached the bags also smelt dreadful .
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:33 PM

Bleurgh!!!!!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 01:35 PM

I agree with you Mups I think it's disgusting, anything made from human or animal parts is not for me, although I don't usually wear necklaces anyway.
In the course of my work I had to mount Rabbit's feet, teeth, both animal and human, hair to go into lockets, a horses hoof that needed a silver surround, and one chap asked me to mount his spare glass eye as a ring, it made it for him in a way that he could slip it out in a hurry if he needed to keep an eye out for someone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 02:27 PM

My word Jem, you've certainly done some interesting work.

BTW - Haven't seen you for a while. x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top