Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 12:12 AM

Sleep in an Indian Summer...

Last night I slept well until about 1am
Then I woke, restless

Then I got frustrated through my awakedness.
And couldn't drift back to sleep..

So I l went to the bathroom
Soaked a flannel with cold tap water
Went back to bed
Placed the flannel on my forehead
And the next thing I knew the alarm woke me up at 7.30

Does anyone else gave a good cooling technique on a night when the temperature is in the high 20°s?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 05:21 AM

Re: Sleep in an Indian Summer...

Hi

I bring a photo of Ex Mil into the bedroom, that lowers the temperature by a few degrees.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 06:39 AM

I have been sleeping through the afternoons - when it is too hot to do anything else - and staying up during the night. It works for me - but confuses the cats!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 07:25 AM

We have an oscillating fan and leave it on all night.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 07:48 AM

I often have problems sleeping when it is too warm, but apart from putting a fan on for a while , I have no real cure!
It tends to make me a bit irritated, which gets the adrenaline flowing and then that keeps me awake. When this happens I try to relax and think nice soothing thoughts like.... relaxing on an ocean going yacht with a nice cool drink.........mind you that fan and a glass of water from the fridge is as far as I get in reality.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:13 AM

It gets unbearably hot here, as I´m sure you know, but I use a bedside fan angled onto the pillows, it keep`s my head and the pillow cool and ensures (mostly) that I sleep well. Air con is good to cool the room down before sleeping, but not good to leave on all night.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:16 AM

I usually read......BOB's posts.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Last night I slept well until about 1am
Then I woke, restless

Then I got frustrated through my awakedness.
And couldn't drift back to sleep..

So I l went to the bathroom
Soaked a flannel with cold tap water
Went back to bed
Placed the flannel on my forehead
And the next thing I knew the alarm woke me up at 7.30

Does anyone else gave a good cooling technique on a night when the temperature is in the high 20°s?
If it gets really hot during the night, I sometimes put a towel on my pillow. It seems to work somehow. I once tried a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a towel and placed under my pillow but that just ended in a soggy mess.

I have often wondered why the boffins haven't come up with a blanket that cools you down rather than warms you up. A refrigerated blanket perhaps.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Yes the same as those I used for 'hot flushes'..
...run the cold tap over the pulse points on your wrists for a few moments,
...use pure cotton sheets,
...use a fan to create a draught if you can stand the noise
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2016, 09:27 AM

It would have been perfect last night if some selfish git hadn't lit a toxic bonfire!
I had to close the windows and woke up with a headache!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top