Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:53 PM

Mobiles - A Rant

I was in a traffic jam for an hour last night. The opposite side was inching along, but my side stuck solid.

So, it gave me plenty of time to feel even more irate and peeeeeed off to see drivers on the opposite side on their mobiles. Heads down. One chap in a van inched forwards without even raising his eyes to see how far forward he was going.

And the pedestrians, every one that passed - truly, every one - was head down looking into their phones or texting.

I've seen cyclists speaking on their phones. (But I can honestly say I haven't seen one motorbike rider on the phone, whether they do, I don't know).

The neighbours have been having folk in for quotes. Everyone I saw got out of their van talking on the phone!

I just want to shout.....Hello! Look at life around you, above you, in front, behind.... listen to the sounds around.

It gets me so irritated to see the world being so caught up with that little thing called the mobile.

Is it me, am I stuck in another time warp?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:55 PM

Re: Mobiles - A Rant

If you are ...then I am in there with you!

Mobile phones are a menace.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:57 PM

theres the same two who walk by my window in a morning and again in the afternoon that are glued to their mobiles texting reading .
I wonder how they get from A to B without tripping up , when I can fall over with both eyes looking where im going .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:58 PM

I don't own one. So I just trudge along with me head bent, shoulders hunched, muttering to myself so I blend in.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I was in a traffic jam for an hour last night. The opposite side was inching along, but my side stuck solid.

So, it gave me plenty of time to feel even more irate and peeeeeed off to see drivers on the opposite side on their mobiles. Heads down. One chap in a van inched forwards without even raising his eyes to see how far forward he was going.

And the pedestrians, every one that passed - truly, every one - was head down looking into their phones or texting.

I've seen cyclists speaking on their phones. (But I can honestly say I haven't seen one motorbike rider on the phone, whether they do, I don't know).

The neighbours have been having folk in for quotes. Everyone I saw got out of their van talking on the phone!

I just want to shout.....Hello! Look at life around you, above you, in front, behind.... listen to the sounds around.

It gets me so irritated to see the world being so caught up with that little thing called the mobile.

Is it me, am I stuck in another time warp?
I darnt get involved in this , it would start a big aurgunent. just to say i am in total agreement with you , and more
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I don't own one. So I just trudge along with me head bent, shoulders hunched, muttering to myself so I blend in.
Lol.... I do have one and it is a boon, love it!! There are times in life when it is very handy - I just had one of those a few weeks back - I have a life away from it though, too old to look cool, head down walking along..
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Oh let rip Norway ... I suspect most people find mobile users annoying. How they don't have more serious accidents is beyond me to fathom.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 09:14 PM

I heard statistics today that stated, more folks then ever are phoning/texting whilst driving, despite the tougher penalties, next time I see someone doing this whilst driving, I will take a photo on my phone.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

15-09-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I heard statistics today that stated, more folks then ever are phoning/texting whilst driving, despite the tougher penalties, next time I see someone doing this whilst driving, I will take a photo on my phone.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 09:25 PM

I do own a mobile phone. It's so old it doesn't have internet facility or even a camera.

Many moons ago I was doing a car maintenance course and the chap running it asked who had mobile phones. Everyone, bar me, put their hand up. The guy advised me to get one for safety reasons, woman alone and all that.

I could see the sense in that so against my better judgement, I got a cheap one from Tesco. I never give the number out and it's purely for emergency use, contact with my daughter and a few friends, two of whom live abroad.

Every night I faithfully put it by the side of my bed in case the old ticker flips off on one. Now, that, to me, is what I really want it for - an emergency. Otherwise stuff it!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top