Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 03:50 PM

Wedding Outfits.

Over my long life I have been to countless Weddings and Christenings, and sadly Funerals as well.
At the family Weddings my daughter insists I dress up to the nines and get a new outfit. If you are the Mother of the Bride or Groom I think you should make a special effort to look very nice. For other relations and friends Weddings I do not think the guests are going to be inspected to see if their apparel is the right thing to wear.

I have a number of outfits never to be worn again as they are only suitable for Weddings though I have sold some of the others. There is now another Wedding on January 2017
I have told my daughter that I am not buying another Wedding outfit to hang in the wardrobe
I decided I would buy a Jacket only to match an unworn Red Dress I already have.

I saw Fashion Shop that has ads in the Sunday Supplements and they do sell lovely designs
I ordered the Jacket and paid for it as well as an extra £4.10 postage
Today I received a package, a grey plastic bag 12 x 12 inch and wondered what I had ordered. It felt like tea towels or pillowcases
On opening it , to my surprise there was my Designer Jacket all folded up as tiny as possible and squashed and creased in a plastic bag that must have cost 5p. Must be making at least £3.00 on the postage. I do not expect it to be wrapped in gold paper, but I will not be ordering another garment from them, Also if I had to return it, I could never get it back in that small plastic bag but I will write to the owner and complain
I know postage is expensive, but It is really false economy to pack Designer Clothes in cheap plastic bags. They normally come in very generous Designer Bags and even boxes too.
It is still a lovely Jacket so I will hang it up and the crease should come out.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 04:50 PM

Re: Wedding Outfits.

I bet you wont recommend them to anyone , my son use to sell ladies dresses , and would first wrap them in tissue paper the colour of the dress then it would go in a box , the box was then wrapped in brown wrapping paper .

Presentation is everything , the parcel then added to the look of what they were buying .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 05:01 PM

My friend spent £600 on an outfit as mother of the groom , 6 weeks before the wedding it was cancelled and the couple split after 5 years of living together . She's now waiting for him to find another girlfriend
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My friend spent £600 on an outfit as mother of the groom , 6 weeks before the wedding it was cancelled and the couple split after 5 years of living together . She's now waiting for him to find another girlfriend

susan

At least she will be ready for the next one
Hope it still fits,

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

13-09-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I bet you wont recommend them to anyone , my son use to sell ladies dresses , and would first wrap them in tissue paper the colour of the dress then it would go in a box , the box was then wrapped in brown wrapping paper .

Presentation is everything , the parcel then added to the look of what they were buying .
Eliza

You are right.

Garments used to be beautifully wrapped for postage

I recently received a Stole carefully wrapped and in its own cotton bag. Very good service!

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 02:41 AM

I dont go to weddings. Im against cruelty to humans.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 07:06 AM

Do not criticise the folks who pack your stuff in a sloppy fashion, you may get a visit.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 10:00 PM

I spent about £700 on an Ann Balon, Mother Of The Bride outfit for one of my four daughter's wedding. I said, I'd wear it for all their weddings!
Six years on, it's still hanging in the wardrobe! I did wear it once at a friend's 70th birthday party as she requested that we all wore that type of dress!
I think it was a waste of money and wouldn't spend that again!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1915  
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I spent about £700 on an Ann Balon, Mother Of The Bride outfit for one of my four daughter's wedding. I said, I'd wear it for all their weddings!
Six years on, it's still hanging in the wardrobe! I did wear it once at a friend's 70th birthday party as she requested that we all wore that type of dress!
I think it was a waste of money and wouldn't spend that again!!
What is that black thing on your head?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lizzie Jones ->
What is that black thing on your head?
Cat,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top