Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 12:53 PM

The lottery

I did not win. I can sleep easy tonight all those thoughts about what to do with £20m had me sleepless
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 12:59 PM

Re: The lottery

The trouble is is that if you do win a large amount and distribute some of it to your family, no matter how much you give them they will complain that it isn't enough and why are you (the winner) keeping the lion's share.

Choices are, don't do it, or keep it secret if you do win.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:06 PM

Don't do it. The odds are ridiculous and there is no way for you to be assured that the game is not rigged, which it likely is imo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:14 PM

I don't do it any more, not since they added the extra numbers but sometimes do the Euro Millions. We do occasionally go off on a tangent worrying about if we would move and where to and what car or cars we would buy. I do know I would buy some new slippers as my ones are covered in paint splashes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Don't do it. The odds are ridiculous and there is no way for you to be assured that the game is not rigged, which it likely is imo.
Aren't their accounts transparent?, so, if for example the prize pot is say 80% of receipts, what's the point of rigging anything, as for the odds, they are beyond ridiculous.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:25 PM

Who in their right mind pays £2.50 for a lottery ticket? A fool and their money are soon parted!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 01:55 PM

I sometimes buy a Health Lottery line for a £1 but not very often I might add.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I sometimes buy a Health Lottery line for a £1 but not very often I might add.
I do Aysa, occasionally, but haven't won a bean yet, still at least it goes to good causes.

Never bother with the National Lottery, the odds against winning are astronomical.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Fifty bob? Which lottery is that? The UK national lottery is two quid - still far too much IMO especially as Camelot have decreased the odds of winning by increasing the number base.

I'd rather play the Euro lottery (only occasionally if I think meself) - a greater chance of winning than the UK version and a higher cash price.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2016, 05:37 PM

In the days of prohibition and Al Capone the four biggest money pullers loved by the Mob were one arm bandits,booze,prostitution and the numbers racket....Today with gaming taxes,alcohol tax and VAT, and the Lottery that only leaves whoring the government haven't got their dirty noses into....YET!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top