Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 08:41 PM

Left Handed People

Are there many Left Handed people on Over 50's Forum? And if so, what do you have most trouble with?

I find that scissors with the tilting thumb hole are very uncomfortable to use. I have managed to find a left handed pair of though.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 08:48 PM

Re: Left Handed People

Mr M's a south paw ...
He told me writing is a pain as you can't read what you've written .. until I pointed out a righthander can't see where their writing is heading to .. especially on lined paper.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Mr M's a south paw ...
He told me writing is a pain as you can't read what you've written .. until I pointed out a righthander can't see where their writing is heading to .. especially on lined paper.
That's so true Morty, a left handers hand is always obscuring what you've just written, you tend to push the pen instead of pull it....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:03 PM

Lefties tend to be a little ambidextrous too .. they do some tasks with their right hand whereas a rightie is lazier and would never consider switching hands.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:11 PM

Im a leftie...
Playing sports at school I had the advantage in some games as playing against a left hander can be challenging.
At primary school there used to be an older girl there who would always set the cutlery out at lunchtimes and she would force me to eat lefthanded whereas I only eat right handedly...she would watch me eat and if I changed my cutlery over she would then come and change it back to what she wanted.
I find scissors are a pain but I sometimes buy lefthanded items if I need to..
http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:16 PM

Ah, good old kak-handers !!

The thing is, the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, and the right side controls the left.

This means, only left-handers are in their right minds !
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:24 PM

I was born a leftie, but school made me write etc. as a right handed would, so I am now ambidextrous, and have the best of both Worlds, if one hand becomes painful I just swap, also when younger in sports like Squash or Tennis, I could change hands as and when the direction of the ball dictated
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

10-09-2016, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Im a leftie...
Playing sports at school I had the advantage in some games as playing against a left hander can be challenging.
At primary school there used to be an older girl there who would always set the cutlery out at lunchtimes and she would force me to eat lefthanded whereas I only eat right handedly...she would watch me eat and if I changed my cutlery over she would then come and change it back to what she wanted.
I find scissors are a pain but I sometimes buy lefthanded items if I need to..
http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/
Now you mention it Aysa, I've always eaten with the fork in my left hand. Nobody made me so I don't know how it came about. Force of habit I suppose.
I can play golf either way, but I'm rubbish at it whichever. I felt really uncomfortable driving on the continent (left hand drive) trying to change gear with my right arm just doesn't work well.

Interesting Realist I didn't know that.

Sorry to hear you were made to write right handed Ragdog, although you do seem to have come away better off.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Are there many Left Handed people on Over 50's Forum? And if so, what do you have most trouble with?

I find that scissors with the tilting thumb hole are very uncomfortable to use. I have managed to find a left handed pair of though.
Yes, I am left handed. I write left handed, type with my left hand, right handed on the mouse, I taught myself.
I eat with the knife & fork in the correct hands, but dessert is eaten with the spoon in my left hand, never got the knack of using spoon & fork the right way. Most things I do left handed. Scissors are a pain to use but I think that's the only problem I have with being left handed.
Never learnt to knit as none of my family were lefties, though Gran did try to teach me.
I taught my Brother to play, cricket, tennis etc left handed, no one realized that mistake, he is right handed so when he had to play games or sport at school he had to be taught all over again.
Wonder if that's where we got the right way from, being right handed because that was the right way to do it. Never thought of that before.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:12 PM

I write and use scissors with my left hand but I do everything else the right handed way.
I'm left footed too when it comes to kicking a ball.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top