Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:34 AM

Today, I Am Gushing With Pride!

A while back, my son Daniel who lives in Sydney, Australia was leaving a high rise building with friends when a drinks can came hurtling down at them. They looked up and saw a man who was in his thirties sitting on the edge at the top of the building. My son's friends didn't want to get involved so Daniel told them to ring the police whilst he went up to talk to the man.
The man said, his life had hit rock bottom and he didn't want to live any more and he was going to jump off. Daniel spoke to him and eventually the man agreed to come with him. They came down in the lift to be met by the police. The police held him but he got away and ran up the stairs. Daniel chased after him but the man was on the edge again. Daniel tried to hold onto him but the man pulled away almost taking Daniel with him. The man fell to his death.
Daniel, (known as Stan!) is a strong minded, tough person but this really upset him and it took him a while to get over it. He felt he had failed the man.
Next week, Daniel is to be presented with a Bravery Medal for what he did on that day. I am so, so proud...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:36 AM

Re: Today, I Am Gushing With Pride!

Thats brilliant news you are right to be so proud of your son Art.....well done to him as its not everyone that would do something like that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:37 AM

Well done Daniel a brave boy indeed.

I hope he can come to terms with what happened in time, he did his best and could not have done more...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:39 AM

Hi

You have every right to be very proud of him Art.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:01 AM

You've brought up a good and caring lad there Arty. Well done to both of you...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:12 AM

That's a sad story but at least he tried. Not everyone would. A brave thing to do Art. Who is awarding the medal, is it the police?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:34 AM

Your son deserves his award Art. He did his very best to save a life. You have every right to be proud of him.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Well done Daniel
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's a sad story but at least he tried. Not everyone would. A brave thing to do Art. Who is awarding the medal, is it the police?
Yes LD, it was the police who recommended it.
What haunts Daniel, is the man's face as he fell. He said, he could see in his eyes that he didn't want to go.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 11:03 AM

I can understand your pride Art and I hope that Daniel will be proud to receive this award.
I once stopped a friend from committing suicide and managed to get help to him while I talked to him ( this was over the internet). A few weeks later I received an e mail from him, thanking me for saving his life, but if I hadn't managed to, I would have been really upset. I just hope that Daniel understands that he could do no more that he did, and suffers no distress from what the man did in the end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top