Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:29 PM

Face book takes down Iconic war photo

Face book has deleted the iconic image of the Vietnam war,
(The picture of the nude child running down the road.) posted by a Norwegian journalist .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a7233431.html

FB suspended his account .
It was re posted on FB by many Norwegians including the Norwegian PM - hers was deleted too.

The owner of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg is now said to be the worlds most powerful Editor.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:46 PM

Re: Face book takes down Iconic war photo

Probably more to do with the nudity than the atrocities it was depicting. I imagine everyone of a certain age can remember this picture, it's etched in my memory, it was so shocking.

Another one is a young Vietnamese soldier who was on camera and shot through the head, again, shocking! These things stay with us, don't they?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:52 PM

It was something to do with nudity - Facebook has an anti-nudity policy apparently. All the same, it was a stupid move in this case.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:54 PM

This is a tough call, but a nude child in whatever context is still a nude child, and to be truthful knowing the sensitivities of child nudity on the internet these days, it seems pretty crass to use this image in preference to thousands of others that could have been used instead to depict the horrors of the Vietnam war.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:57 PM

The child in the photograph is now a woman I have heard her interviewed many times.

Although the photograph may have been iconic at the time it must be a painful reminder to her and possibly an invasion of her privacy.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The child in the photograph is now a woman I have heard her interviewed many times.

Although the photograph may have been iconic at the time it must be a painful reminder to her and possibly an invasion of her privacy.
I agree!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

She now lives in Canada with her husband and children and is a campaigner for anti-war. She uses the photo herself as part of her campaigning.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
She now lives in Canada with her husband and children and is a campaigner for anti-war. She uses the photo herself as part of her campaigning.
Hi

She is a truly inspirational woman, the world could with more like her.

As an aside, any man who could see anything sexual in a photo of an injured, terrified child needs to be dealt with.

I would volunteer to deal with them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wasn't aware of that Judd
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 07:20 PM

As there's probably about 40 million paedophiles on Facebook I think anything showing nudity of children should be removed.

Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top