Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Well I never !!!

www.todayifoundout.com

This is the title at the top.
How to drastically increase the life of your shaver razor blade cartridges or disposable razors.

Here’s a tip for everyone. I came across this clever little tip online on the website above (above is the heading that was showing) and thought Mmmm, If I wasn’t so fussy I would give this a go…. Apparently I now know how to drastically extend the life of my Gillette, Schick or any disposable razor that I put on my shopping list once a month.

All these packet razors always have a use by date - especially such as Gillette Fusion - ignore it!!! According to this person, he has, by using this method, been using the same disposable razor for 8 months! And the razor itself is as pristine and as sharp as the first day they used it. He or She also says that their packet of 12 disposable razors should last them roughly 12 years!!

This is how they describe how it is done and will save you a fortune in disposable razors.

MATERIALS REQUIRED
Pair of Jeans (new or old it doesn’t matter, just needs to have one of the legs intact)
Shaver like Gillette or Schlick or any other type of razor.

Before or after you shave (I prefer before as the blade is dry), place your jeans on a hard flat surface. Then run the razor up the jeans leg 10-15 times quickly. Then repeat the same running in down the jeans leg quickly. No need to press that hard but a little pressure is necessary. In both instances you want to point the top of the razor in the direction you are rubbing the shaver on the jeans leg. In other words. don’t “shave” the jeans leg, point the razor the other way so the blade just glide over the jeans leg, don’t try to cut them!

The threads on the jeans leg will then very effectively both fix any tiny bends in the blades that inevitably happen and will also sharpen the blade in your cartridge. For an already dull blade you can sharpen it up very effectively by doing 50-100 swipes both ways to get it back to “like new” condition, but only 10-15 swiped both ways should be necessary to maintain sharpness

Pro-tip - rather than having to grab a pair of jeans every time, he/she says they cut the leg of a pair of old jeans they were throwing away and keep it in the same drawer as his Gillette disposable razors. So far the jeans leg has done the job brilliantly for eight months.

End of article.

Don’t blame me if anything goes wrong but that is the tip and you have the website address above to check for yourselves. Chuckle. You never know! Bloomin disposable razors are not cheap anymore.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 04:59 PM

Re: Well I never !!!

Hmmm, so that's how to get that ripped jeans look
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 05:04 PM

Tried all that before, it works up to a point but nowhere near as good as their claims.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 05:08 PM

...I've just cut my finger off!!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
...I've just cut my finger off!!!
O dear will super glue work
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2016, 07:17 PM

There used to be some "advice" years ago about sticking blades inside a pyramid to extend their lives. Seems an expensive way, all that air fare and transfer times just to save a quid or two.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 09:55 AM

Hi

Have I got a bone to pick with you.

Went to Sainsburys this morning, forgot to get some new blades.

Sophia is unexpectedly coming today, I thought she was still in Poland, staying over for a couple of days.

17 years my junior, a right stunner, well out of my league, but I do like to look presentable for her.

( Us men can be quite delusional, sad really,)

I tried that trick with the jeans.

I tried to shave, now got cuts and bits of tissue all over my face.

A very good Frankenstein impression.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Have I got a bone to pick with you.

Went to Sainsburys this morning, forgot to get some new blades.

Sophia is unexpectedly coming today, I thought she was still in Poland, staying over for a couple of days.

17 years my junior, a right stunner, well out of my league, but I do like to look presentable for her.

( Us men can be quite delusional, sad really,)

I tried that trick with the jeans.

I tried to shave, now got cuts and bits of tissue all over my face.

A very good Frankenstein impression.
Never mind! Swimmy. With a bit of luck, Sophia will kiss you better!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Never mind! Swimmy. With a bit of luck, Sophia will kiss you better!!
Hi

You are joking Art.

She arrived with a younger female colleague in tow.

They laughed their heads off, thought it was very amusing.

They do take the mickey out of me something rotten.

All good fun though, living on my own, I am glad of the company.

Sophia has a wicked sense of humour.

She had told the younger one to address me as Granddad.

The vanilla vodka will go down a treat though.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2016, 12:26 PM

Oh to have so much time on my hands!
I'll stick to my Mach 3's and hope for the best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top