Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 09:28 AM

Children in supermarkets

Been in many supermarkets over the years with various sized kids in tow, and never seen such a dangerous thing happen as I did yesterday evening, mum shopping with two year old put the child in the body of a trolley, started filling it with goods then wandered off down an aisle leaving trolley near me and Nathan. If he hadn't moved really fast that little girl would have hit the floor head first, as she tried to get out to follow her mum.

Mum thought it was funny ! I'm not sure she would have been so happy if her child had hit the concrete floor !

I'm never happy seeing them in body of trolley anyway if they have a seat then sit them safely in that I always think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 09:32 AM

Re: Children in supermarkets

The mind boggles Julie. Some young parents just don't seem to have any sense of danger towards their children.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 10:08 AM

Children should not be put in the body of a supermarket trolley anyway ... For goodness sake - it's to put food in.

You don't know where their feet have been!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 10:12 AM

I agree carol, I don't understand it myself at all.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 10:28 AM

Yes I've seen this and been concerned about the standing child as mother wanders off . Another concern I have is seeing little children on bikes , scooters or running way ahead of mum on a main road where there are cars pulling out of roads . Yesterday a little one about 3 was on her scooter way way ahead of ambling mother , the road was so busy and the child heading for a hidden junction . It takes my breath away .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Children should not be put in the body of a supermarket trolley anyway ... For goodness sake - it's to put food in.

You don't know where their feet have been!!

Couldn't agree more, Carol, but unfortunately you see it all the time. It is especially annoying when the child is nearly as big as his/her mother!
As you say, you don't know what those shoes might have trod in!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 11:52 AM

I can't bear to see a child standing, never mind sitting in the shopping part of the trolley. I was in Sainsburys once and an assistant had a word with a mother who's child was standing in the trolley whilst she went off down the aisle.
Worse are the kids left in charge of pushing the trolley, they are lethal!
Even worse, are the ones who run about and nearly knock you over, little brats some of them!
Then, there are the squealers and screamers and that's not just the kids, the mothers are as bad!! l can't get out of the store fast enough!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Mum thought it was funny ! I'm not sure she would have been so happy if her child had hit the concrete floor !
She would probably have blamed the supermarket and sued for compensation !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
She would probably have blamed the supermarket and sued for compensation !
Just what I was thinking ST too
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2016, 02:06 PM

I went into a gift shop once on holiday, there was a large notice behind the til, you couldn't miss it, it said...

ANY UNSUPERVISED CHILD WILL BE SOLD!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top