Join for free
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:07 AM

Food Boxes.

Food Boxes have now become popular in the UK.

The main UK provider has 100,000 customers a month
The idea originally came was from U S A
In each box is your choice of menus and instructions on how to cook them.
They all sound and look very appetising and cost about £5.00 per person, per meal
The initial order is discounted… A sprat to catch a mackerel
It seems a good idea if you do not have time to go the shops and may teach you how to cook.

However, you can get food of your choice delivered by Supermarkets and even with delivery charge save money. Then there are thousands of recipes on-line, from all Countries World Wide.

Also, it is nice to go to the Stores occasionally and you usually meet people you haven’t seen in ages …and…. Sometimes, someone you do not wish to see as well!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:12 AM

Re: Food Boxes.

Yes I've seen them but as you say I can do it cheaper by supermarket on line and find recipes on line too. But I think they have a place. I'm not sure if you are expected to have staples in your store or if they come complete with everything you need ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:21 AM

Good idea for the novice cooks who are short of time.

No one selects my ingredients only me.
That is why I will not do a weekly shop online .
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:25 AM

Seems like a gimmick thing to me ....
I shop for my food a few times weekly and like Meg I choose my own
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:31 AM

I don't see shopping on line as not choosing my own one tin of beans is much like another and you can select longest sheff life or ripest etc when you buy veggies. Just saves time and they bring it upstairs so I don't have that trauma. But if we all did if the shops would be empty so best we don't
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2016, 11:38 AM

Yes Julie I agree one tin is much the same as another ..I wasnt referring to those items ....I prefer picking my own fruit and veg its all part of the shopping experience for myself ...I have on occassions shopped online and I dont mind it as its great for when I cant get out to the supermarket but I dont use it every week.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top