Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 05:57 PM

Weather

18.50 p.m and still 38C. The forecast for the next week doesn't give us any change either. It's hotter now than it was in July and August. Thank goodness for air con, which of course doesn't help when you have to go out.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:26 PM

Re: Weather

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
18.50 p.m and still 38C. The forecast for the next week doesn't give us any change either. It's hotter now than it was in July and August. Thank goodness for air con, which of course doesn't help when you have to go out.
Not many runners about then Clumsy......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:27 PM

I think I'd die clumsy it's bad enough here so humid tonight but 38 degrees that's no fun at all.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not many runners about then Clumsy......
Believe it or not we still see people running, or should I say panting along, I think they are crazy, they are not all youngsters either. There are constantly warnings in the press about running etc in this heat, but obviously people take no notice.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-09-2016, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think I'd die clumsy it's bad enough here so humid tonight but 38 degrees that's no fun at all.
I can usually stand the heat, even though I have my moans about it, but at the present time itīs really too much, it isnīt cooling down at all during the night. I expect Iberdrola (electricity company) will be happy, air con units and fans going day and night. It really isnīt normal weather for September, often it is still very warm, hot even, but the nights are normally much cooler.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 10:59 PM

I can usually stand the heat, even though I have my moans about it, but at the present time itīs really too much, it isnīt cooling down at all during the night. I expect Iberdrola (electricity company) will be happy, air con units and fans going day and night. It really isnīt normal weather for September, often it is still very warm, hot even, but the nights are normally much cooler.
What a/c do you have?

I don't know your financial situation, but inverter systems on R410a are the best. They can be surprisingly cheap to run.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-09-2016, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
What a/c do you have?

I don't know your financial situation, but inverter systems on R410a are the best. They can be surprisingly cheap to run.
Our air con units are all inverters fender, apart from one in the kitchen that was in the house when we bought it. Weīve been going to change that one for a few years, but never got around to it. Itīs the only one that doesnīt do heat too, not that we need heat at the present time, got more than enough

We only ever use the air con for heating just for a short time in winter if itīs really cold, the central heating is normally only ever on at night, so sometimes a quick blast of heat is required during the day time.

It just isnīt cooling down, itīs gone midnight and the outside temperature is still at 37C.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 11:22 PM

What temp are you getting inside Clumsy?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-09-2016, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
What temp are you getting inside Clumsy?
Itīs been 22C in the lounge, comfortable, in this room right now, 23C, air con still on, not had air con on in the kitchen tonight, walking in there feels like a furnace, both bathrooms very warm, no air con in them, I havenīt been in the guest room tonight, so no doubt very warm in there, Mr Clumsyīs room had air con on for an hour then switched to fan. We get a lot of sun in this house, keeping the persianas (blinds) down helps a lot.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2016, 02:21 AM

18.50 p.m and still 38C.
Since June most of the summer here it was anywhere from 40C to 42C. Wednesday it will be 40C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top