Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 05:07 PM

I dislike holidays

Am I alone in disliking holidays? As a child they weren't necessary as we had the sea and sand on the doorstep. We did have one family holiday in the UK, but that was awful and never to be repeated, my parents prefered to go away together, or on their own rather than take us kids with them. When I was 14 I was sent to France on an exchange trip for a month, that was horrible and put me off abroad for life!

Obviously I have been abroad several times over the years, but didn't enjoy the experience much, I like the familiar. We holidayed in the UK when the kids were small, but I always counted the days and hours until we went home, even though the places we went were pleasant enough. Nowadays I go home once a year to the island of my birth whilst my carees are looked after by my children. I need the break but I am pleased to get back to my usual routines! Sad or what?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 05:59 PM

Re: I dislike holidays

Welcome to the forum Qetta, everyone is very friendly on here so I am sure you will enjoy it.

I must admit I have had some very indifferent holidays and by the time we have got home and unpacked wondered why we bothered. Its always nice to get home to your comfortable surroundings. Sometimes, I think it is worth saving for a really big holiday and going for quite a long time (if you can).
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 06:05 PM

Hi

I also hate holidays and haven't been on one for years - my good excuse now is I have three rescue dogs and it is easier to go out for days. I hate all the preparation, packing, making sure house is clean to come back to, etc. etc. etc. and I to could never wait to get home. We are both very sad I'm afraid!! Or maybe not
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 06:16 PM

I actually love travelling, but also love exploring the UK too. I've been doing a lot more of the latter recently - but hope to start travelling again soon.

As Aerolor mentioned, we're all different - it would be boring if we were all the same
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 06:37 PM

Hi Azz

I often wish I did like holidays as there is a lot I would like to see. Too nervous to fly anyway. I would love to have a camper van to tour UK and Scotland for an indefinite period where I could take my dogs with no time frame to return - but not really practical.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Welcome to the forum Qetta, everyone is very friendly on here so I am sure you will enjoy it.

I must admit I have had some very indifferent holidays and by the time we have got home and unpacked wondered why we bothered. Its always nice to get home to your comfortable surroundings. Sometimes, I think it is worth saving for a really big holiday and going for quite a long time (if you can).
The idea of being away for a long time would be my idea of a nightmare!

I go home to the island of my birth once a year as I need the break, I care for my disabled husband and son, but even then I am itching to get home, I hate being out of my routine. I am a hopeless case.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 07:27 PM

I loved my holidays when I was a wee girl and also in my teens and twenties into thirties, when my big brother was alive (I went on holiday with him and his pals and always had a great time) but I liked being on the way home as well.

My last holiday was New Zealand and although I loved it, I was glad to get home, and I haven't been away since - haven't missed going on holiday at all!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 08:52 PM

When I was growing up we never took holidays. I was sent to my grandmas in the country. In my early 20s would go on holiday with my Dad to Cape Cod; discovered as I got older that I don't like travelling. I'm terrified of the idea of flying, and like to sleep in my own bed. When we did go, I worried all the time about my garden, house plants and most of all my cat who was in a cattery and absolutely hated it. So. I'm happy to stay home; a lot of people think it's strange, but as someone said, we are not alike. It suits me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2010, 11:04 PM

I love my holidays, we try to go to different places abroad while we can. It's nice to learn about the different cultures and see the different sites.

I also love holidaying in Devon
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2010, 07:25 AM

When you are retired everyday is a holiday so you just need a change of scenery.

Welcome to these forums Quetta which I have to say are very friendly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top