Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 10:54 AM

Just a few minutes ago

I was sat here with a coffee reading posts, suddenly there was the most awful screaming from a cat, coming from the house behind us. I ran up to the roof and shouted and shouted to the Russian man who is there. He eventually came out and I was shouting to him that the dogs had got a cat. He stumbled off round to the back of the house and all went quiet.

As I came back in hear the younger pit bull began howling, no doubt heīd put the electric collar on it, we can always tell when they use that.

Iīm sure Pummy will be pleased, these dogs have had two cats in the past month. The screaming from the cats is horrendous.

We no longer get the dogs throwing themselves at us from the fence between us at the back of the house. A few months ago the "owner" of the dogs was here and I had a real go at him. He gave me quite a lot of "bull", but I donīt work that way, I simply told him that the very next time those dogs came near the fence I would immediately call the police, "they wonīt come" he said, "the dogs are on private property". Oh but if I mention drugs theyīll be sure to come I told him. Next day the dogs had been penned at the front of the house and havenīt been near the fence which is between us at the back of our house since.

The younger dog has also escaped two or three times, but always manages to be back in itīs own place before the police arrive. Then there is nothing the police can do, the old guy hides inside and pretends nobody is there and the police canīt go into property as and when they feel like it without good cause, plus of course 2 pit bulls running loose at the only way in.

No doubt when one of the dogs has killed or injured someone something will be done.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Re: Just a few minutes ago

That's terrible, no matter what anyone thinks of cats they can't surely think this is good
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 11:11 AM

That's horrific . It must be awful to have to put up with that .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's terrible, no matter what anyone thinks of cats they can't surely think this is good
I find it dreadfully upsetting, the screaming of a terrified cat being torn apart is horrible. It will be in my mind for a long long time.
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 11:35 AM

That sounds really horrible, your nerves must be shattered clumsy
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-09-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ambre ->
That sounds really horrible, your nerves must be shattered clumsy
Itīs most certainly upset me Ambre, to hear that screaming was horrendous and not being able to do anything is awful.

We are getting feral cats around recently, this is mainly due I think to a Norwegian woman who feeds them. It is illegal here to put food for cats out on the street, but this woman feeds them in her garden, so we are getting more and more of them. The woman tries to trap them and take them to be neutered, but I think they are too clever for her. Now we are seeing mother cats moving kittens from place to place and more and more cats arriving. I think itīs past time the administrators had a word with her.

I imagine the older cats are wiser to dogs and stay clear, but the younger ones most likely wonīt be. Weīve never had this problem before, only since Kate (the Norwegian woman) has started feeding them.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

05-09-2016, 12:20 PM

Thanks for your replies everyone. It was truly upsetting to hear, nothing like the cat fights we hear now and then, it was pure terror, horrible.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 12:29 PM

I think someone needs to have a few kind words with the Norwegian lady Clumsy ,just to gently point out that if she is a cat lover then feeding them and attracting more and more isnt helping the problem ,surely she would be horrified to know about cats being torn to pieces and wouldnt ever want to be contributing to that awful end for some of the cats she mistakenly thinks she's helping
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 01:18 PM

Surely a case for some poisoned meat thrown over the fence?

Not that you'd have been responsible for that, of course!

I would.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 01:32 PM

I can't imagine clumsy being so nasty as to do that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top