Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 01:36 AM

I'd love to be in bed asleep, but...

There is a Big Fat Gypsy Party From Hell in the church hall opposite! Police were in attendance earlier, some woman keeps screaming (is it a bleeding ritual??), I phoned 101 to say I could see the blue lights further down the road, there was a lot of noise, and party goers have parked a blimming camper van, in our car park!! We're not allowed to have them here!!!

I asked if the police already here could get them to move out, but the operator was useless. He just asked 'are they fighting, or just having a party? Call the council for noise.'

Well the council noise team don't work Sunday evenings so I've had to log the call with the operator.

It's 1.33am and I can still hear noise! Spoke to my neighbour and she called council too. She said the church weren't picking up when she tried them.

I was so awake I did all my washing up and had a coffee.

So in the morning I need to speak to our HA manager, the council noise team and the church! None of which I have time for.

They've been here since 4pm. And show no signs of going.

Neither do the people upstairs.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 07:49 AM

Re: I'd love to be in bed asleep, but...

Im sorry to hear that your night was ruined Jazzi.....I hope you get some joy from speaking to your HA and the church today ..some people can be so inconsiderate where noise is concerned.
You will be shattered today if you dont have a sleep in the daytime.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 08:13 AM

Not nice is it , hope tonight's sleep is better . Normally church halls ask that the party finishes by midnight so I was surprised at this . Maybe the church hall committee need a rethink .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:16 AM

it's strange that the police were reluctant to break up the party. Normally they are on it like a shot. Perhaps they were all too scared to attend.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:35 AM

That is really bad Jazzi. Donīt they have to have a special licence to continue a party in a hired hall after midnight? We had a similar experience just 2 weeks ago. An English owned bar at the very bottom of our hill, they had live music, I use the word music lightly, it actually sounded like some woman was being strangled, but it was so loud they could have been in the house with us. All music here in bars must stop at midnight, it must also be indoors, unless a special licence has been obtained for a one off event. The noise was still going on at 2 a.m., then suddenly nothing, but we could see the police cars outside the bar. I must add that this particular bar has been in trouble more than once for this kind of thing. We heard the next day that the police arrived, walked into the covered "outside" area of the bar and quite simply unplugged the music equipment and took it away. The music licence for the bar has been revoked and the bar owners will now have to start all over again to get a new licence.

I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight and you donīt have a recurrence of this kind of thing again.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 09:35 AM

Grrrrrrr !!!!! You have my sympathy Jazzi
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 10:00 AM

Annoying as it is if it's a one off I wouldn't be getting to het up about it, if it's a chain of events complain as much as you can.

Hope you sleep better tonight.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 10:28 AM

Aw Jazzi - I do feel sorry for you. You do have a lot of problems where you live.
Seriously - have you ever thought of moving?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 10:53 AM

Jazzi I do feel for you.

It must have been the weekend for it.

It is usually very quiet around here but on Friday night people that were visiting the house across the way decided at 2 am ish to come outside to their cars parked a little way along the street and to have a conversation, laughing and joking for 30 minute before one of them drove off and the others went back into the house. I say laughing and joking because as they were speaking in Polish not quite sure. Everything then settled down.

Saturday night could not sleep because I had heartburn really bad and another house had been to the pub and came back with guests who continued to chat outside before they managed to get the key in the door. Now as I say it does not happen very often so wont make a fuss about it but am I still tired.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2016, 01:22 PM

As the years go by, it sounds like the police are finding more and more things for which they have no responsibility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top