Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 05:22 PM

What is it with some Brit ex-pats and their penchant for ripping off?

I used to rent my property in Spain to cover costs and had an ex-pat agent looking after it.
He'd clean it whenever I had people going out or before I went there.

If I needed any repairs he'd sort the tradesmen and I'd transfer money to pay.

12 months ago I decided to cease renting, spend some cash renovating it and bring it upto my 'home from home' standards and only let friends and family use it.

Yesterday my friend phoned to say she'd arrived safely having driven to Marbella.
She informed me the electric was on, I'd turned it off when I was last there, and that the bathroom light was on.

She was also struggling to get sat tv.
My dish is one that you can alter to get different satellites and providers. This is usually locked but obviously has been moved.

Also my stash of Sam Miguel has gone.

Proof that somebody has stayed there?
Not enough to accuse somebody of ripping me off.

So I've downloaded my last 12 months electricity bills and it makes for an interesting read.
Electric use when no-one should've been there.

So is this enough proof?
Damn right it is.

These ex-pats will rip off their own mother.
What really pee's me off is the fact that he must have had copies of my key's cut before handing my originals back.

Let battle commence.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 05:37 PM

Re: What is it with some Brit ex-pats and their penchant for ripping off?

when the builder finished the work on the property we are in now , I had the locks changed , he had handed them out to different tradesmen to enter the house and do what work was needed .One night when we came to see how the work was going , we found a tradesmen doing some late work but he left the door ajar with the keys in the lock .
So if I was you Id have the locks changed a.s.p
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 05:42 PM

Hi

In cases like this, a quiet chat about the meaning of life is often effective.

I am sure you know how to do it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2016, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I used to rent my property in Spain to cover costs and had an ex-pat agent looking after it.
He'd clean it whenever I had people going out or before I went there.

If I needed any repairs he'd sort the tradesmen and I'd transfer money to pay.

12 months ago I decided to cease renting, spend some cash renovating it and bring it upto my 'home from home' standards and only let friends and family use it.

Yesterday my friend phoned to say she'd arrived safely having driven to Marbella.
She informed me the electric was on, I'd turned it off when I was last there, and that the bathroom light was on.

She was also struggling to get sat tv.
My dish is one that you can alter to get different satellites and providers. This is usually locked but obviously has been moved.

Also my stash of Sam Miguel has gone.

Proof that somebody has stayed there?
Not enough to accuse somebody of ripping me off.

So I've downloaded my last 12 months electricity bills and it makes for an interesting read.
Electric use when no-one should've been there.

So is this enough proof?
Damn right it is.

These ex-pats will rip off their own mother.
What really pee's me off is the fact that he must have had copies of my key's cut before handing my originals back.

Let battle commence.
I absolutely believe you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top