Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 11:50 AM

Do we understand each other's sense of humour?

I admit I'm the type who enjoys a little banter occasionally, and sometimes it may come across as rather cutting or blunt, but that's the way I am. My humour can be dry at times and I mean nothing by it if I tend to offend. Honestly, I'm a lovely chap really

What sort of humour is your particular brand?
Dry? Witty? Snidey? Smutty?

Do you find it easier to get along with people whose humour is similar to your own, or perhaps you are the type who enjoys some harmless but sarcastic sledgehammer-style wit featuring the green smiley?

Again folks, sorry if I have upset anyone so far in my short time here. I'll grow up soon. Honest
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Re: Do we understand each other's sense of humour?

I wouldn't worry about it ... most of us upset or offend someone else here soon enough. A grovelling apology usually helps smooth things over .. ready for the next time

Myself .. I have no humour. I don't understand sarcasm or droll dry. I'm usually just a quiet, shy, withdrawn spectator on here.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I admit I'm the type who enjoys a little banter occasionally, and sometimes it may come across as rather cutting or blunt, but that's the way I am. My humour can be dry at times and I mean nothing by it if I tend to offend. Honestly, I'm a lovely chap really

What sort of humour is your particular brand?
Dry? Witty? Snidey? Smutty?

Do you find it easier to get along with people whose humour is similar to your own, or perhaps you are the type who enjoys some harmless but sarcastic sledgehammer-style wit featuring the green smiley?

Again folks, sorry if I have upset anyone so far in my short time here. I'll grow up soon. Honest
Floydy, Why be something you aren't to accommodate other people? People have two choices, they can take you or leave you!
Besides, a leopard never changes its spots!

My humour? It's ok when you get used to it!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:12 PM

Apparently not Floydy, well not everyone anyway.

I get your humour and even if it's a little dry now & then, I can still see that no harm is meant by it.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wouldn't worry about it ... most of us upset or offend someone else here soon enough. A grovelling apology usually helps smooth things over .. ready for the next time

Myself .. I have no humour. I don't understand sarcasm or droll dry. I'm usually just a quiet, shy, withdrawn spectator on here.
I can vouch for this Floydy - sometimes I fight to keep my eyes open when reading her posts.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I can vouch for this Floydy - sometimes I fight to keep my eyes open when reading her posts.
Yes Judd, I'm the same! zzzzzzz...I fall asleep and hit my head on my iPad!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Ok Morty, it looks like Judd and Art are in need of an attack..... perhaps it will wake them up!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:59 PM

I love humour,....except forced or false or focused for long periods on one individual in a group, that becomes bullying, imho.

I prefer off the cuff one liners and observational comedy.

I think the Yorkshire sense of humour is by far the driest.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 01:05 PM

I love humor with an element of wit we have some real masters of the art here some of whom are posting in this thread. I won't mention them to spare their embarrassment .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 01:17 PM

I like most humour Floydy even the childish Tommy Cooper wit, a smile beats a frown anytime with me so I avoid the political stuff, it’s the same with some of the old lads in the local, often leads to rows and bad blood between folks.
However there are some cunning people who use humour as a weapon, a way around the direct insult, just add a smiley or two and you’ll get away with it, I avoid these folks, it shows up their true self, for many’s a true word spoken in jest. Keep your good sense of humour up Floydy me lad, you’ll live longer too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top