Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 09:53 AM

What to save?

I had a nightmare this morning, just before I woke up!
In it I was living in a house on the main road through our village. I looked out of the window and saw a large sink hole appear in the road, it got larger and larger.
I tried to gets my pets out the back way to save themselves as I couldn't carry them. Floyd, my dog wouldn't go
I tried to think what important things I should take, grabbed a box of important papers, birth certificates etc. I couldn't find my handbag or my mobile phone to call for help.
The house opposite collapsed burst into flames and pushed a tree over which hit my windows.
My elderly neighbour was out the front talking rubbish as if shocked, I tried to get him indoors and saw my dog run off up the road.
When I woke up it made me think, what should I try to save?
We had a sink hole a couple of years ago in the top of the village and several years ago in the field nextdoor.

What would you try to save if you could, apart from people and pets?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Re: What to save?

Cracking name for a dog...Floyd

It depends how quick the hole was appearing. If you have a few minutes, grab your keys, phone, wallet/purse and a small bag with a change of clothes. Leave by the back door and run like Hell.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:02 PM

Just the one thing .... credit card. ( For a hotel you see, nothing would make me rough it)

Everything else is replaceable and could just live on as a memory.

I fibbed. I've already thought this through. In one of my drawers I have an envelope with necessary documentation .. if I could grab it and climb out of my escape route (bedroom window) fine .. If not, so be it.
I'm more important. As is Mr M .. and my favourite Snoopy who sits on the bed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:33 PM

Car keys would be important. If you owned cats you would need somewhere to put them temporarily and at least you could sleep in the car if you had to.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:46 PM

I have been thinking, it's hard to know what to choose....until it happened and you'd have to think pdq!

As LD said, car keys, but they would be no good if your car was in the hole!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have been thinking, it's hard to know what to choose....until it happened and you'd have to think pdq!

As LD said, car keys, but they would be no good if your car was in the hole!!

An excellent point.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 03:46 PM

I think my laptop would be useful, well, maybe not useful, but it has lots of family photos stored on it, even old ones of parents etc.

Purse definitely!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 04:54 PM

I would probably stand there so long deciding what to take I would end up with nothing and getting swallowed up by the hole
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 07:27 PM

All I could do would be to grab my walker and go. Everything is expendable. I am not.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top