Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 05:04 AM

Let Down

What do you do when certain members of your family constantly keep letting you down and are not supportive(they are actively negative) of your lifestyle or life....?

It seems very true .."you can choose who your friends are but you cant choose your family"
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 06:46 AM

Re: Let Down

Hi

Let them get on with it Aysa.

Little sister number two is a joke.

She has ideas above her station in life, we come from a very humble background.

In 1991 I was living on Invalidity Benefit.

She rang me just before Christmas to say that she would not be buying my kids Christmas presents because she had her standards to keep with the sort of presents she gave to family and did not want to embarrass me by getting my kids a better present than I could afford.

She lives on a Gated Estate , supposedly to keep the riff raff out.

Personally I think the local riff raff have got the better of the deal, they are very fortunate to have her under lock and key.

Never forget Aysa, you are a better person than they are, they are just not worth bothering with.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 06:52 AM

I packed my bags and left home, only to repeat the process later on. Now im single, but still get let down, but not by family.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 07:07 AM

Aysa I think it depends on what sort of relationship you have had with these family members. If it is somebody close, gently ask them why they let you down.
They may have problems of their own to deal with.
They may not understand how important their support is to you.
You have been through a difficult time with you health, in recent months, and maybe they are not as able to deal with it, as well you are.
When you are ill family will often support you, but as soon as you show them you are getting better, they tend to assume you can manage and no longer need their support. Both you and I know that we do still need them, but if they don't, it wouldn't do any harm to mention that you miss their help.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 09:33 AM

No family member lets me down, they don't get the opportunity, I rely on no one not even close family.

Life is a good teacher .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 09:36 AM

I suppose I am one of the lucky ones Aysa. None of my family have ever let me down and have always been supportive although sometimes I feels as though I have let them down.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 09:42 AM

I come from a large family there are now 6 of us , I've never had the support of family , I've brothers who arnt interested in staying in touch though I do ring or Skype them , I have one sister and mostly I do the contacting . I learned to live without family from a very young age . I still feel sad at times though .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I come from a large family there are now 6 of us , I've never had the support of family , I've brothers who arnt interested in staying in touch though I do ring or Skype them , I have one sister and mostly I do the contacting . I learned to live without family from a very young age . I still feel sad at times though .
That's sad Susan. I know it's not quite the same but you do have some friends on here.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 01:18 PM

Thankyou longdogs
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Let them get on with it Aysa.

Little sister number two is a joke.

She has ideas above her station in life, we come from a very humble background.

In 1991 I was living on Invalidity Benefit.

She rang me just before Christmas to say that she would not be buying my kids Christmas presents because she had her standards to keep with the sort of presents she gave to family and did not want to embarrass me by getting my kids a better present than I could afford.

She lives on a Gated Estate , supposedly to keep the riff raff out.

Personally I think the local riff raff have got the better of the deal, they are very fortunate to have her under lock and key.

Never forget Aysa, you are a better person than they are, they are just not worth bothering with.
I try to do this often SF
Sometimes it works then others it gets to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top