Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:38 PM

Victoria.

Is anyone watching this series? Poor girl, she certainly had a time of it when first she became Queen. I love costume drama & this is very good.
Well I didn't actually believe most was true, but it's still good drama even spiced up. Though a lot of people don't like that it isn't a true story. I think sticking to the true facts would have been boring.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/08/28/6-thin...toria-6095087/

Jenna Coleman is much nicer & prettier than the real Queen was.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:41 PM

Re: Victoria.

Yes I am enjoying it Tiffany and it looks as though it's going to get even better.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:48 PM

I didn't watch it having seen a very good documentary about the life of Victoria (and Albert) and I didn't want that memory of factual events 'coloured' by a 'docudrama' .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:51 PM

I'm watching it and enjoying it
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:54 PM

Im watching it and thought it was based on fact , who are we to believe ?

I did google some of the story lines while watching to see if it were fact , the one about her mothers lady in waiting seems to be true .

I looked at Lord Melbourne on google also while watching to see if the Character was similar and Lord M was an attractive man in his younger days .
Id rather ALL the story be true and not fiction , that's what makes it more watchable for me , learning parts of Victoria's history not commonly known .
If it turns out to be more fiction than fact then Im going to be disappointed
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 12:59 PM

There was an historian on tv this morning who said this series is true to fact

Great to see Buckingham Palace at the beginning with Marble Arch at the front ... how it was originally before Prince Albert had it moved and built the "fascia" that we now see as the front of the palace
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
There was an historian on tv this morning who said this series is true to fact

Great to see Buckingham Palace at the beginning with Marble Arch at the front ... how it was originally before Prince Albert had it moved and built the "fascia" that we now see as the front of the palace

Pleased to hear that Myrtle
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 01:36 PM

I have been recording it for posterity, and I think it's a very good series.

I don't know whether she's prettier than the real thing in her younger days, but my what a long neck she has!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I looked at Lord Melbourne on google also while watching to see if the Character was similar and Lord M was an attractive man in his younger days .
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...losest-advisor

However, despite some rumours at the time that Victoria would marry Melbourne, their real-life relationship was probably a little less romantic than how it’s portrayed in ITV’s version. In reality, Melbourne was forty years older than Victoria when she took to the throne (Jenna Coleman and Rufus Sewell have just 18 years between them), and the Queen was quoted as saying that she thought of Melbourne as a father having lost her own at the age of 8 months (with Melbourne’s own daughter dying at a young age).

Obviously a handsome man but past his prime ..... in his younger days he married Lady Caroline Lamb who became notorious for her affair with Lord Byron, who she described as "mad, bad, and dangerous to know." .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2016, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I'm watching it and enjoying it

Same here, Myrtle. It's good, isn't it, and I think she's playing the part really well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top