Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:26 PM

What would you do?

Not a nice subject but i suppose one that has to be taken seriously especially in this day and age.
I read online that if the UK is attacked by a nuclear bomb then all the mobile phones will receive a text and electronic street signs will give out info as to what to do. Seeing as we will only have around 14 minutes to find shelter i don't think many will be standing around reading info.
I for one will just get the dog lead and a bottle of good Malt and take my Henry out for a walk in the countryside as we do everyday. From what info i have read there wouldn't be a lot of point in being around afterwards anyway there won't be nothing left.
So what would you do?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:28 PM

Re: What would you do?

Cuddle my wife and cats on the sofa and listen to some classical music.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Not a nice subject but i suppose one that has to be taken seriously especially in this day and age.
I read online that if the UK is attacked by a nuclear bomb then all the mobile phones will receive a text and electronic street signs will give out info as to what to do. Seeing as we will only have around 14 minutes to find shelter i don't think many will be standing around reading info.
I for one will just get the dog lead and a bottle of good Malt and take my Henry out for a walk in the countryside as we do everyday. From what info i have read there wouldn't be a lot of point in being around afterwards anyway there won't be nothing left.
So what would you do?

Remember seeing the docu/drama Threads a while back, very bleak. So im with you on this, having drink and hope im directly underneath when it goes off.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:35 PM

I'm just wondering whether I could cook and eat a full english within 14 minutes....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm just wondering whether I could cook and eat a full english within 14 minutes....
Not if the sausages are frozen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
So what would you do?
I wouldn't do that, it might be a false alarm, any you may get arrested.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:40 PM

I would probably do much the same as you Doc take the dog, a bottle of wine and some decent cheese out into the fields and settle down on a patch of grass to look at the hills and enjoying the wine.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Stick my head between my legs, and kiss my ass goodbye
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:47 PM

I would just be and hope it would be quick , I certainly wouldn't want to be here left on the planet with selfish human beings , I would think of my children as I'm too far away to get to them .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:48 PM

What will the Text say "Goodbye NO Service".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top