Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:33 PM

Whatever will come next?

The Internet has been around for a good few yrs now
....On 6 August 1991, exactly twenty years ago, the World Wide Web became publicly available. Its creator, the now internationally known Tim Berners-Lee, posted a short summary of the project on the alt.hypertext newsgroup and gave birth to a new technology which would fundamentally change the world as we knew it.

Well it has changed the world dramatically..what do you think will come next to change the world in a similar way?
How long do you think it will be until we see something new and life changing crop up out of nowhere?

Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:44 PM

Re: Whatever will come next?

25 years ago, I started a thread here: http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=37126
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:57 PM

Yes I have seen that Purwell ty ....this thread is about something different though
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 11:59 PM

Oh sorry, best of luck with it!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2016, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Oh sorry, best of luck with it!
...thanks might need it lol
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

27-08-2016, 12:05 AM

Very few people seem to join in with sensible threads on here nowadays. Maybe the next big change will be so big that we won't even see it coming.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 12:17 AM

Mankind has come a long way.

Kind of hard to predict what may be next.
I think maybe robotics will advance much more, using self learning cpu's - I-Robot / Terminator kind of thing? May sound daft, but a distinct possibility.

I'd like to see more advances in propulsion systems / space travel.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 07:48 AM

I feel like Fender that robotics will continue to play a larger part in our lives the perfect slave to be used to produce things without much human intervention, already being employed in surgery.

Also believe that medical advances will allow for innovative treatments.

Relying on technology could well be dangerous though, i already get withdrawal symptoms when the net goes down.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 08:02 AM

I feel that the internet has been one of the biggest and best creations, ever, because of what it does: it brings the world to your fingertips, in the comfort of your own home. It gives the email, free communication via Skype, Apps, and on mobile phones.

I'd be hard pushed to predict an invention better than the internet. But what do I know? If it happens in my lifetime, I'll eat my words!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2016, 08:08 AM

No big shakes, the Internet was the next evolutionary step for the phone system.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top