Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 07:59 PM

Love

Bumped into a neighbour the other day, chat, chat chat.
Don"t know how we got round to it but she told me, she told her husband and children every day how much she loved them.Just seemed a bit OTT.
I tell my lot I love them, but not every day,
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Re: Love

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Bumped into a neighbour the other day, chat, chat chat.
Don"t know how we got round to it but she told me, she told her husband and children every day how much she loved them.Just seemed a bit OTT.
I tell my lot I love them, but not every day,
Hmmmm ... could be a little OTT and therefore null and void.
Maybe she could spread it around a bit ?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hmmmm ... could be a little OTT and therefore null and void.
Maybe she could spread it around a bit ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 08:51 PM

I suppose, Apricot, it's different strokes for different folk!
I wonder if it sounds insincere if you tell them every day?
I think in most families, you don't have to say it every day, as they know it! You just say it now and again to confirm it!!
I do say it to my children regularly but maybe not every day?!!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 09:12 PM

I dont think its necessary to say "I love you" everyday to loved ones,I show them everyday that I love them by my actions rather than my words...I do tell my sons how much theyre loved by me now and again ...to groans of .."oh mother" lol..but I know they like it really
I never heard it from my parents growing up but I know they both loved me deep down,my dad showed me a lot more affection than my mum ..she was very cold and emotionless and her actions made me feel as if I had done something wrong but didnt know what,that was an overiding feeling for me as I grew up sadly.
So I make sure my actions to my sons are full of love for them
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:24 PM

I tell my 'kids' I love them every day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:32 PM

Maybe some folks have Guilty Secrets, or fear their existence here is to be stunted, prematurely.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:39 PM

We hug a lot too.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:46 PM

I have great difficulty spitting out such a word - always have. It packs so much punch and can be misused. Not a word that passes my lips very often - if ever. Us 'oldies' - or at least this one is - are too cynical and crusty to ever find the gall, or desire, to utter it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2016, 10:51 PM

It's this world stage, actors, and that sort of stuff, but maybe not, maybe some folks have a kid called earnest.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top