Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:02 PM

Golden Years - how we get happier as we get older.

Read this in the DM this morning and thought would share with you.

Time may wither our bodies but it makes us happier, scientists say.

They found that as people age they become satisfied with life and less stressed. "Participants reported that they felt better about themselves and their lives year upon year, decade after decade" said Dilip Jeste, who led the study at University of California, San Diego.

His finding based on interviews with 1500 adults aged between 21 and 100. Those in their 20's and 30's reported the highest levels of anxiety and depression.

Dr Jeste said that with age it gives us the wisdom to shrug off problems,not to sweat out the little things, and a lot of big things become little!.

unquote

Well, don't know about you, but in layman's terms. this 68 year old is definitely happy when she has kicked he who must obey out to work and he has remembered his lunchbox, ciggies, lighter, mobile, glasses and keys.
The pups have had their breakfast, they have both had a widdle and a poo, (and I have found where they went on the lawn), I have checked to see they have no poo on their bots and paws, give them a grooming with the puppy brush, cleaned their ears, settled them back in the cage, waited until they have closed their eyes and then put the kettle on, and turn that power shower on for my long awaited shower!

I gues the Prof must be right, because to me, that is true happiness

Do you agree with him. Is he right when he says the older we get the happier we become?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:35 PM

Re: Golden Years - how we get happier as we get older.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Read this in the DM this morning and thought would share with you.

Time may wither our bodies but it makes us happier, scientists say.

They found that as people age they become satisfied with life and less stressed. "Participants reported that they felt better about themselves and their lives year upon year, decade after decade" said Dilip Jeste, who led the study at University of California, San Diego.

His finding based on interviews with 1500 adults aged between 21 and 100. Those in their 20's and 30's reported the highest levels of anxiety and depression.

Dr Jeste said that with age it gives us the wisdom to shrug off problems,not to sweat out the little things, and a lot of big things become little!.

unquote

Well, don't know about you, but in layman's terms. this 68 year old is definitely happy when she has kicked he who must obey out to work and he has remembered his lunchbox, ciggies, lighter, mobile, glasses and keys.
The pups have had their breakfast, they have both had a widdle and a poo, (and I have found where they went on the lawn), I have checked to see they have no poo on their bots and paws, give them a grooming with the puppy brush, cleaned their ears, settled them back in the cage, waited until they have closed their eyes and then put the kettle on, and turn that power shower on for my long awaited shower!

I gues the Prof must be right, because to me, that is true happiness

Do you agree with him. Is he right when he says the older we get the happier we become?

What a lovely positive and content frame of mind you are in Shroppy. Good on you gal, you stay that way.

I think there is some truth in it, but it also depends on personality as well. I swear some people are miserable by nature, and age won't improve them, and others are always looking ahead and thinking positive. They are a joy to be around.
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 06:26 PM

It makes sense because by then the pressures are off. School is long finished with so no aggro from teachers, retirement is here so no aggro from bosses, in fact one is one's own boss.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Humbug!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top