Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:12 AM

Loss of a spouse

I read today that researchers discovered men are twice as likely to die after losing their partners, than women.

This is said to be because men are more reliant on their wives for their health and social lives.

Miami University researchers said women "tend to monitor their husband's health and be better at maintaining their own health, even when not married."

Would you agree with this?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:14 AM

Re: Loss of a spouse

No they die because unlike women they actually care about their partner.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:35 AM

Come and sit down my Nocturnal Nom.
Let me give you some calming Reiki and see if I can soothe your troubled thoughts.
I shall burn some calming essentail oils and play you soothing music - and if that doesn't work . . . .

I shall just have to bash you.

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:36 AM

Sorry Mups but i do believe that men care more than women, make a joke if you want.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-08-2016, 12:40 AM

OK, but I would rather say SOME men care more than SOME women.

Likewise some women care more than their philandering husband.
Do you honestly think it is only men who get hurt?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:43 AM

In an equal partnership the caring is in equal measure surely
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
In an equal partnership the caring is in equal measure surely
I agree...
Jean and I have recently celebrated our 45th anniversary and I think that we are both equally caring.

Maybe we are the fortunate ones...
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:33 AM

I really wouldnt have a clue as the only experience ive had of losing a partner was when we were both in our early twenties and I had serious life threatening health issues stemming from his loss...and am still feeling the effects of it to this day...
To say men are more reliant on their wives for their health and social lives. I believe is too general to say that as I think many men wont fit the mould of this.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I read today that researchers discovered men are twice as likely to die after losing their partners, than women.

This is said to be because men are more reliant on their wives for their health and social lives.

Miami University researchers said women "tend to monitor their husband's health and be better at maintaining their own health, even when not married."

Would you agree with this?
No I would not agree !
It is simply because, generally speaking, women tend to live longer than men.
Women who die before their men are the exception which proves the rule !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I would say there's some truth in that. I've always organised mine & Tony's social life/outings/holidays.
If left to his own devices he would never have gone anywhere and he would have lived off bacon sarnies...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top