Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 08:50 PM

Have you had your GOLDEN MOMENT?

No, not winning the Lottery.

Forget Andy Warhol's "Famous for 15 minutes"

Kitchener's "Your country need YOU"

My golden moment happened on an inauspicious autumn day, without warning.
I became aware that everything made sense, I became as one with life the universe and everything.
Then , it became too much & I returned, sadly to what we call normal..

What was your golden moment?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Re: Have you had your GOLDEN MOMENT?

I think for me it came while I was on holiday in Italy and I was looking out over the stunningly beautiful Dolomite mountains and just had an overwhelming feeling that all in life was going to be OK....that no matter whatever else happened in my life good or bad that everything would be OK in the end.....I will have that memory forever and ever.........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 09:52 PM

Once when I had some turmoil in my life I used to go outside for a cigarette and stare up at the stars. There was a particular constellation which looked like a giant question mark (don't know what it's called) but it summed up my feelings perfectly. One night when looking at it a shooting star passed straight through it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:04 PM

I have had lots when I've been bird watching. Most memorable was hearing & seeing Nightjars.

Picture the scene, a health land in Devon, July, it's getting dark, suddenly a churring noise, then an echo, then another, our ears are attuned to the sounds from across the valley below us, then a shape fly's into view, wings slapping together he makes a fly past right passed us. More appear in the gloom, flitting above our heads, we are attracting moths. The birds don't seem to mind us there, they are intent on supper, or is it breakfast.
Magic!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Like you Robert I had a 'Golden Moment' but had to return to reality. Since then reality has become far too oppressive and I really need another such moment. I have been searching for it for quite a while but have yet to experience another. It might come when I can no longer make use of it - more is the pity.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
No, not winning the Lottery.

Forget Andy Warhol's "Famous for 15 minutes"

Kitchener's "Your country need YOU"

My golden moment happened on an inauspicious autumn day, without warning.
I became aware that everything made sense, I became as one with life the universe and everything.
Then , it became too much & I returned, sadly to what we call normal..

What was your golden moment?
I think we have those moments occasionally where we connect with everything but as you say, it doesn't last very long.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:21 PM

No, not yet, so far everything is relatable, but that is no guarantee for the future.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-08-2016, 10:29 PM

Sometimes I think some of the clearest awareness happens whilst in a dream state.

I used to get woken up by the radio. One particular morning Whilst in a state of half asleep and half awake, I was awoken by 'America' by Razorlight and somehow heard every single note by each individual instrument. I've heard it lots of times since but never as clear.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 10:54 PM

April 24th 1974 but I am not saying what it was
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2016, 11:05 PM

Yes golden moment last week, I had the cat put down.

At last after 15 years I have the nice conservatory back fit for human use, fantastic

New carpets and new furniture , great sitting out there tonight and in the mornings having my cornflakes, looking over the garden and the South Downs, rather than having a unused shite-hole standing there for the benefit of a cat.

People are so stupid when it comes to animals.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top