Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:02 PM

Smoke Alarms

What a flippin' night.

I was just drifting off to sleep when I thought I heard a loud 'bleep.' I lay there and listened for a while, but then my eyes couldn't stay open any longer and I drifted off.

Some while later I was woken up by the noise again, and I realised it was the smoke alarm outside my bedroom door.
I struggled to wake myself up enough to go and check everything was alright, and fortunately it was, so I thought it must be just the alarm battery getting low. I cursed though, because I didn't want it keep bleeping on and off all night, so decided to take the battery out and sort out a replacement in the morning.
My kitchen steps weren't high enough to reach it. This meant I had to go out to the shed and get the higher ones. . . . I swore.
It was blowing a gale, piddling down with rain, pitch dark, me nightie was flapping about in the gale, and I still only had one eye open, so I wasn't a happy bunny.
Creeping about like this woke the pup up, so then she needed to go out for a wee. Then she thought it must be playtime - she was unlucky!

Eventually I got the longer steps, managed to reach the blasted battery and remove it and at 2.40 this morning, finally managed to get everyone settled again and back to my bed.

I remember thinking it is at times like that it would be nice to have a husband who would deal with things sometimes!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:05 PM

Re: Smoke Alarms

When's she due back Mups?
"Creeping about like this woke the pup up, so then she needed to go out for a week."
Yes men are handy sometimes!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When's she due back Mups?
"Creeping about like this woke the pup up, so then she needed to go out for a week."
Yes men are handy sometimes!

Just amended it Tess. Thanks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:29 PM

That's annoying for you mups, ours are wired into the mains so if the power goes off all the smoke alarms do too. But luckily no batteries to change. Our co detector lasts 5 years then you chuck it out and get a new one but it just flashes no beeping so have to keep an eye on it or we forget it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2016, 01:31 PM

I had one of those sort before Julie, but had it taken out for some reason - can't remember why now.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:36 PM

My smoke alarms are wired into the mains also ...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:41 PM

Oh Mups, what a shame your lovely tree man isn't coming round today. Just think you could explain what happened and take him upstairs to put a new battery in. He may suggest that a petite lady, living alone, never works out and, at that point, you produce the wedding ring that Nom never bothered to put on your finger.
I knew I would be able to use that lovely hat one day!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2016, 01:46 PM

Alas that is not likely to happen my friend, and as I get older and likely shrink even more, no one will even know I am there one day. . .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 01:47 PM

Make sure you replace the battery soon Mups. My son, a fireman for 32 years, attended so many fires where people died or were severely burned and found the smoke alarms were hanging open with no battery in them Do it today!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2016, 01:54 PM

Yes my dear, thank you, I will - promise. x

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top