Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:17 PM

On colder nights

Do you have an electric blanket when it's colder, or a hot water bottle - or both - or neither?

I keep meaning to get an electric blanket but I forget, so I end up with just my hot water bottle, or 2 if it's really cold, one to cuddle and one for my feet, plus me fluffy bed socks!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:25 PM

Re: On colder nights

Electric blanket. They have their advantages: cost very little to run; convenient to use - just switch on, no boiling water, etc.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:31 PM

I used to have an electric blanket but found I overheated after a while....I dont like any heat on in the bedroom ...I love getting snuggly under my duvet ,I bought myself a real duck down and feather one and its so warm in the winter and ive not had to kick it off too much this summer either..
I have a hot water bottle just for my feet as they can get like blocks of ice in winter and then I cant get to sleep if my feet are cold,but thats only for sub zero temperatures lol .....there's never a man around when you need to warm your feet up
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:42 PM

Just a duvet.
Windows open 24/7/365.
I love being warm but need fresh air, the colder the better.
As snug as a bug.....bliss.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
.....there's never a man around when you need to warm your feet up
Should I pm you my number?
I'm magic with feet.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I used to have an electric blanket but found I overheated after a while
The simple answer is to turn it on before you go to bed and then turn it off when you get in.

We've found that ours (an under blanket) needs to be turned on for about half-an-hour before we get into bed and the bed is really warm and welcoming (especially if my wife in in there!) without being too hot. Most are thermostatically controlled anyway, so once the bed it warm enough they won't just keep on heating.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 12:02 AM

A duvet, but if it's really cold a fleecy bed jumper, fluffy socks & fleece PJ's.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Just a duvet.
Windows open 24/7/365.
I love being warm but need fresh air, the colder the better.
As snug as a bug.....bliss.
Oh that's me too!!!
And during warmer nights. .same but with my feet sticking out of the duvet
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2016, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Oh that's me too!!!
And during warmer nights. .same but with my feet sticking out of the duvet
Warmer nights it's just a sheet.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2016, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Warmer nights it's just a sheet.
Oh you're talking hot when your in sheetsville, not warm!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top