Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:05 PM

The Honeymoon

Do you remember your honeymoon? Was it as romantic as you'd hoped?
Did you go away somewhere romantic and exotic, or did you have a more modest honeymoon nearer to home?

My first husband took me to Malta. That was the first and last time I have ever been abroad. We flew through a storm coming back and I was scared stiff.

My second husband took me to a small hotel in the next town!
It was only for a couple of days because he was a farmer and it was harvest time. If Father-In-Law had got his way, we wouldn't have gone anywhere!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:16 PM

Re: The Honeymoon

We went to Littlehampton. We didn't have much money back then and anyway would it really matter where we went? We only left the room to eat food. Then we went back to the room and carried on eating......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:25 PM

As we'd bought our house, we didn't have much money left for a honeymoon! My father who was divorced from my mother had a caravan in Porthcawl, so we went there. My ex husband who was 6ft 1in kept hitting his head on the ceiling so l complained to my dad that the caravan was too small!
He called me ungrateful and with hindsight, l think l was!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:32 PM

Honeymoon ? It's a strange word isn't it ?

Mine was rubbish, from beginning to end and it happened to be 6 months of trauma . Husband in the Merchant and we went on a voyage to NZ.

Didn't bother taking that route again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
As we'd bought our house, we didn't have much money left for a honeymoon! My father who was divorced from my mother had a caravan in Porthcawl, so we went there. My ex husband who was 6ft 1in kept hitting his head on the ceiling so l complained to my dad that the caravan was too small!
He called me ungrateful and with hindsight, l think l was!!

My ex was 6ft 2ins Art. We must have looked very odd walking along with me just under 5ft! I must have looked like a bit dropped of him.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2016, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My ex was 6ft 2ins Art. We must have looked very odd walking along with me just under 5ft! I must have looked like a bit dropped of him.
Mups, I'm 5ft 2ins and actually, my ex husband was almost 6ft 2in but it was easier to write 6ft 1in!!
One of the reasons l married him was to have tall children and not be small like me!! It worked!
I think, l was very shallow in those days!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:18 AM

Both my honeymoons were in Cornwall, but, I've forgiven it!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 11:49 AM

First honeymoon was a wet week in Morecambe, second honeymoon, after seeing my son put safely into the hands of the air crew, and on his way to Las Palmas to spend a month with his godfather, who had a business there, Mr Clumsy and I went to Anglesey. It was wet, it was so foggy we couldnīt see a damned thing, the hotel was abysmal, we stayed two days and decided to drive to Cornwall instead. A big improvement not only in the weather but in the people, who were nowhere near as grumpy and surly as they were at the hotel in Anglesey.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:00 PM

We honeymooned in Dublin.
Lovely City, lovely very friendly people, I just love the Irish Brogue, went round the Guiness factory,went to the Zoo [now closed I believe].Breakfast in Bed [real luxery for us ]
Now they all fly off to exotic places. We hadn"t got a lot of money in those days , but we still had a good time.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:08 PM

First two days spent in Paris followed by two days in Madrid then down to Marbella for two weeks.

Very romantic and so out of character......for me.

Had a lovely time.

Took me about two years to save up for it but worth every penny.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top