Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:14 PM

Separate Beds ??

We have in this very hot weather taken to sleeping in separate rooms.
Gosh it has been marvellous .
We haven't fallen out or anything , just having the room to stretch out and cool down.
Anyone else done the same?

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:27 PM

Re: Separate Beds ??

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
We have in this very hot weather taken to sleeping in separate rooms.
Gosh it has been marvellous .
We haven't fallen out or anything , just having the room to stretch out and cool down.
Anyone else done the same?

Yes|! I love sleeping alone even slept alone when married.

We still had 6 healthy children, and much better nights sleep

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:30 PM

No, we've never considered it.

In this hot weather, though, we usually have a fan running (lowest speed) in the bedroom.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:31 PM

Yes started more to fit more of us into the flat but quickly found a single bed was better than sharing a double. Wouldn't go back now for anything, both sleep much better alone.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:33 PM

I love to have a big bed to myself
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:39 PM

I have the whole bed to myself and I love it!!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:43 PM

No, never considered it. Have to admit it took a while to get things just right though. King size bed, goose feather pillows, summer duvet, arms outside of the duvet and kindly keep to your own side of the bed, it's not your birthday !!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, we've never considered it.

In this hot weather, though, we usually have a fan running (lowest speed) in the bedroom.
But you are Northern JBR , you would have the fan running at lowest speed, Would be natural to you , cost wise
You have different rules.
Go on, be a devil and put the fan up to high speed[blow the cost of the electric.]Have a bit of comfort , you and Mrs JBR deserve it , at your time of life.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:53 PM

My parents had seperate beds from when I was 4 or 5 years of age, when we moved from grandparents' house.

Mum said it was because my dad thrashed around a bit in the night
It did seem to be the trend in those days and I wonder if it was anything to do with the husband's war experiences ?

They remained a devoted couple all their lives.

Yes it's quite nice having a big bed all to myself, on occasions but I really enjoy having someone next to me, even though OH was a noisy and disruptive sleeper lol

I guess seperate mattresses might have been a good idea
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:57 PM

My bed is mine.
Mine alone.
Except for teddy.
He doesn't get hot so he can stay

I love sleeping alone. Hated sleeping next to snorers. Hated having hot flushes with someone in the same bed. Hated the farting... and warm weather was a nightmare too. Quilt on, quilt off....

Sleeping alone has many advantages as well as disadvantages.
But the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

End of sermon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top