Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:04 AM

Crazes

This article in my local paper got me thinking about crazes that seem to catch on and the adverse effects they can have

Creators of Pokemon have agreed to a plea to spare St Mary's Island area after hunter activity spooked actual seals

Pokemon have been banished from a coastal beauty spot after Seel-hunters disturbed the real deal.

As the Pokemon Go craze escalates, seals off the coast at Whitley Bay have been scared off by players descending on the seaside town to catch their virtual counterpart - Seels.

Worried for their welfare, North Tyneside Council asked its creators to remove the sea lion prey from St Mary’s Island.

And, rather than leave hunters facing a rising tide of criticism, The Pokémon Company has agreed.

A spokesperson for North Tyneside Council said: “We have excellent staff at St Mary’s Island who understand the nature of the animals that live there.

“They were concerned that the number of people attracted by Pokemon were causing seals to haul back into the sea due to distress.

“This issue is something that we have been working with conservation groups to avoid and while we recognise that the current Pokemon Go phenomenon provided many people with a lot of pleasure and increased footfall to a number of venues.

“St Mary’s Island is an area of natural beauty with significant wildlife.”

I remember when Clackers were all the rage and the resultant broken wrists that accompanied them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:23 AM

Re: Crazes

Banned that here Grace thought it was great game I thought it was dangerous and daft so no more or phone will be taken away. I don't know why more parents don't just say no, mind I've seen adults doing this too
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
This article in my local paper got me thinking about crazes that seem to catch on and the adverse effects they can have

Creators of Pokemon have agreed to a plea to spare St Mary's Island area after hunter activity spooked actual seals

Pokemon have been banished from a coastal beauty spot after Seel-hunters disturbed the real deal.

As the Pokemon Go craze escalates, seals off the coast at Whitley Bay have been scared off by players descending on the seaside town to catch their virtual counterpart - Seels.

Worried for their welfare, North Tyneside Council asked its creators to remove the sea lion prey from St Mary’s Island.

And, rather than leave hunters facing a rising tide of criticism, The Pokémon Company has agreed.

A spokesperson for North Tyneside Council said: “We have excellent staff at St Mary’s Island who understand the nature of the animals that live there.

“They were concerned that the number of people attracted by Pokemon were causing seals to haul back into the sea due to distress.

“This issue is something that we have been working with conservation groups to avoid and while we recognise that the current Pokemon Go phenomenon provided many people with a lot of pleasure and increased footfall to a number of venues.

“St Mary’s Island is an area of natural beauty with significant wildlife.”

I remember when Clackers were all the rage and the resultant broken wrists that accompanied them.
I once had the Clackers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 03:51 PM

Clackers ???
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Clackers ???
These ST, broke lots of wrists and ankles.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2016, 04:16 PM

They were known locally as K'nackers.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

15-08-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
They were known locally as K'nackers.
I wonder why.

Dont forget.

Hula Hoops,

Cabbage patch dolls,

Chopper Bikes,

Skateboards.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-08-2016, 04:25 PM

I wonder why.

Dont forget.

Hula Hoops,

Cabbage patch dolls,

Chopper Bikes,

Skateboards.
I remember my first day out on my Chopper. I loved it. It was the dog's K'nackers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2016, 07:31 AM

These ST, broke lots of wrists and ankles.

Don't remember them - I bet Health and Safety would put a stop to them now!!

Does anyone remember 'deely boppers' ? They were weird !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

16-08-2016, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Don't remember them - I bet Health and Safety would put a stop to them now!!

Does anyone remember 'deely boppers' ? They were weird !
Certainly do, and ive seen some teenage girls with them lately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top