Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:23 PM

Driving down to spain

Going from Cherbourg to Malaga
Down west coast ( I think )
Taking a couple of days
Now plowing through b and bs
Any tips anyone?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:45 PM

Re: Driving down to spain

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Going from Cherbourg to Malaga
Down west coast ( I think )
Taking a couple of days
Now plowing through b and bs
Any tips anyone?

Well speaking at least reasonable French helps. Do not hurry you are travelling through an amazing country. Is Malaga in Spain?--or should the question mark be upside down
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 01:57 PM

I've never done it that way.
I've driven Caen to Malaga on a few occasions.
We've done it on the A63 into Northern Spain, headed to Madrid and then straight down to Malaga.

Sorry can't help on the route you'll take but enjoy.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 02:10 PM

My son did it from England through France to Malaga,

Tip from me is for Safety ,have someone to keep in touch with you on your Journey , have times when you phone each other ,Let your contact know where you are on your Journey each time you speak .

He sent photos and Videos on his journey and the scenery was amazing .
He kept on the main roads and only diverted for fuel and rested at populated areas , Might be worth while for you to see where you are going to fill up before hand .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Well speaking at least reasonable French helps. Do not hurry you are travelling through an amazing country. Is Malaga in Spain?--or should the question mark be upside down
upside down before the question, right way up after.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
My son did it from England through France to Malaga,

Tip from me is for Safety ,have someone to keep in touch with you on your Journey , have times when you phone each other ,Let your contact know where you are on your Journey each time you speak .

He sent photos and Videos on his journey and the scenery was amazing .
He kept on the main roads and only diverted for fuel and rested at populated areas , Might be worth while for you to see where you are going to fill up before hand .
Good advice for you Muddy, enjoy your trip.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've never done it that way.
I've driven Caen to Malaga on a few occasions.
We've done it on the A63 into Northern Spain, headed to Madrid and then straight down to Malaga.

Sorry can't help on the route you'll take but enjoy.
Yes Tpin that is the way we are going towards Madrid on the A 63 .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

14-08-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
UN petit peu -ie O level French and can ask for a baguette with an air of je ne sais pas .
( because Je ne sais pas )
But fluent Spanish so that is no problem
But I hate booking where to stay it's all just a lottery unless you have a recommendation. .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes Tpin that is the way we are going towards Madrid on the A 63 .
It's a great drive, the scenery heading south from Madrid towards Malaga is stunning though the roads a tad boring.

We did Caen to Malaga none stop(except for food and fuel in about 17 hours.
One sleeping whilst the other drove.

When we did it on the bikes we stopped at Biarritz(Georges Hotel) and Jaen(Hotel Parador de Jaen)

Not B&Bs but decent hotels and pretty reasonable.
After hours on a bike we wanted a certain degree of comfort and a little more than just a bed.

Then on into Malaga.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top