Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 08:36 AM

Were not doomed.

Yup i reckon all the doom and doom about our financial future is easily solved, we can do it with one invention.

An ironing machine, most folks hate this chore, so a simple machine that you chuck the washing in and it comes out perfick will be a winner.

Oodles of cash will flow too our bootiful country, and the worldwide gratitude for ending this task will warm the cockles of our hearts.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 08:42 AM

Re: Were not doomed.

No place in this world for such ingenuity, it's a throw away world, a pair of leggings and a tee shirt can be had for less than a tenner, wear them for a couple of weeks, throw them away, and buy some more, simples.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 08:52 AM

Or better still - the invention of uncreasable material...
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 08:54 AM

If enough people did what I do then there would not be a need for ironing.
The new fashion is called, 'The crumple look'.
Nothing gets ironed, and every thing you wear is full of creases.
I can vaguely remember 'non iron shirts'.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 09:00 AM

As someone I know said when he bought an iron, " There's a part missing! A woman!"
Are you trying to make us obsolete Nom?
I imagine lots of marriages will break up because how else are we going to take out our frustration?
There's no better therapy for anger management than imagining various parts of the male anatomy being flattened by a red hot implement!
Mind you, us single girls could spend more time on here if we had one!
How much are they?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
If enough people did what I do then there would not be a need for ironing.
The new fashion is called, 'The crumple look'.
Nothing gets ironed, and every thing you wear is full of creases.
I can vaguely remember 'non iron shirts'.
Yes i think NI shirts are still around, my external crumply look now matches my body, so perfect harmony on the outside, and internally ive been crumpling for years.

So your all savaging my brilliant idea, how about Interstellar travel faster than light drive cant be that hard.

Stop all this negativity folks, no one likes a sourpuss.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So your all savaging my brilliant idea, how about Interstellar travel faster than light drive cant be that hard.
At the speed of thought. Just think of being there, and you are.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 10:25 AM

Ironing, what's that? I haven't done any for years & when I had to, I used to pay a friend to do it for me.
I do know where my ironing board is, but have no idea where the iron is.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No place in this world for such ingenuity, it's a throw away world, a pair of leggings and a tee shirt can be had for less than a tenner, wear them for a couple of weeks, throw them away, and buy some more, simples.
Such a waste
You can cut them up and use them as dusters, or to clean the car as well.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 12:37 PM

I'd buy one!
I hate ironing, with a passion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top