Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 03:40 PM

Small world

Just been across to our first fete on our green which was an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours ( its the first one so I hope it will be an annual thing), anyway, a guy came up to me and called me by my name, he could see by the puzzled look on my face that I hadn't a clue who he was, it turned out to be a friend from my schooldays who I had not seen since a school reunion some 14 years ago, he used to live at hunmanby on the coast but moved back to York two years ago, not only does he live not too far from me he also works at the council offices as does my wife and they have occasionally chatted from time to time, talk about small world,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 03:42 PM

Re: Small world

Well blow me, how's that for a coincidence, Primus.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 03:53 PM

It is a small world isn't it .... and can be very embarrassing whilst you're struggling to place them, made worse as they obviously recognise you.

The same happened to me a month or so ago in the supermarket.
In the end he had to say ... My mum is your sister...strange way of phrasing it, almost like he didn't want to own me as his aunt.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It is a small world isn't it .... and can be very embarrassing whilst you're struggling to place them, made worse as they obviously recognise you.

The same happened to me a month or so ago in the supermarket.
In the end he had to say ... My mum is your sister...strange way of phrasing it, almost like he didn't want to own me as his aunt.
And yet some of my old school chums I'd recognize instantly, yet he had changed so much,,
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 07:33 AM

I am hopeless at remembering people and over the years have developed many ways to try and appear as if i know who im talking too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2016, 08:55 AM

I remember one year Tony & I went to Benidorm and ran into no less that three different people/couples we knew from back home...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top