Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:16 PM

Sunday Roast?

Do you always have a Sunday Roast? We always used to, (and most definitely as a child, with cold meat and veg on a Monday) - but gradually meals have become generally more varied, irrespective of the day.

Regards,
Rainbow

(I can almost smell Yorkshire Puddings as I type this)!!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Re: Sunday Roast?

I had one today. But it was a bit of a treat from me to me.

Sunday roast as a child was laughable-dear mum could not cook and the evil one had the taste buds of a sewer(well his personal hygeine was worse)

We sat through over cooked leather but he would lean back,fart and pronounce upon the joint.

Have I ever mentioned I did not like my father?
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:41 PM

That is so sad to hear about your Dad. (Does that have something to do with your Username)?

Did your relationship with him ever improve?

Re: Your Sunday Roast, was it the traditional beef, roasties, and yorkshire puddings etc?

Rainbow
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 05:50 PM

Did your relationship with him ever improve?

It did-at his funeral.

Today was pork as I have already posted
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-08-2010, 05:54 PM

So sorry to hear that. Hope I have not reminded you of past unpleasant relationships. Really sorry.

Where have you written about your Pork Sunday Dinner? (Don't worry, I will try and find myself - have A-Levels, so hopefully I can manage)!!

Kind Regards,
Rainbow

Old git
West Deeping Lincs

29-08-2010, 06:14 PM

Never worry about it-the evil one was a piece of shit. I feel sorry for my older brother. He bottled it all up and is quite sad really-he lives in this little word of his own.

I am different he was a piece of shit and I`m also damaged-I just laugh and play the fool
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Experiences mark us. But somehow try not to allow the poison of someone else being cruel or unkind to continue to harm you.

You clearly care for your brother. So sorry to hear of such sadness that one human being can cause and create to those around them.

Kind Regards,
Rainbow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 09:44 PM

We alternated between roast beef, roast chicken or ham as Sunday dinners when I was growing up. Not a British style one with Yorkshire pudding though; just vegs and mashed potatoes. I'm not a particular fan of beef. Nowadays cooking for one I usually have something like ham and cabbage, the roast chicken or fish. Tonight is rainbow trout, fresh spinach, curried potatoes and a roll.

Edited: forgot roast pork loin with home made applesauce....
Rainbow
Surrey UK

29-08-2010, 09:51 PM

Dandysmom, Did you fly-fish for the Trout yourself? Sounds a very tasty and healthy meal too.

No Yorkshire Puddings???? Tut tut
(are they not popular in US)?

Rainbow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 09:57 PM

LOL, I do fish, or did, but the Potomac is not trout water, and I am a bait fisherwoman! Our market has a lovely fish section (an organic chain); I love fish and eat a lot of it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top