Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:19 AM

Have Mobile Phones Created A Bad Mannered Generation?

You may be in the company of people who are constantly checking their mobile phones. l'm sure you may think nothing of it!
In fact these days, it seems checking your mobile phone is a normal thing to do!

Yet .... How would you feel if you were at someone's house and they kept getting up every few minutes and going to their front door to check if someone was there? I'm sure you'd soon get a bit fed up!

Do you think mobile phones have encouraged bad manners and rudeness?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:35 AM

Re: Have Mobile Phones Created A Bad Mannered Generation?

I certainly donīt think they encourage good manners or conversation. Many times we see people in restaurants, or stopping for a coffee, they sit down and immediately out come the mobile phones, they donīt talk to each other they just sit there playing with their phones. Itīs quite sad really.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 12:58 AM

Absolutely .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 01:13 AM

Yes .....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 07:57 AM

Got worse since the Pokemon Go app, so many just wandering about head down staring at the screen. I do wonder if there could be long term health consequences.

Sat the other day when joined by a young 20 something couple. Both sat for and hour gazing at their phones, not a word passed between them.

Many pushing pushchairs with crying babys, but mum is engrossed with their phone, no interaction at all.

So yes its killing conversation and personal interaction face to face.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Do you think mobile phones have encouraged bad manners and rudeness?
Bad manners and rudeness have always been with us, but mobile phones have just been a catalyst for the acceptance of bad behaviour as normal behaviour.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:24 AM

I don't understand how a phone can be blamed for bad manners, parents on the other hand?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't understand how a phone can be blamed for bad manners, parents on the other hand?
If you don't understand then perhaps you are part of the problem !
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:18 AM

Without a doubt! We have just had five of our Grandkids stay with us for six months ( Two days actually but it felt like six months!) The older two, 29 & 27, spent most of the time texting and leaving us to look after the three littlies. What on earth can they find to talk about??
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 10:28 AM

I think people at a checkout and on their phone is really bad manners. They must think they look important or something.

I was in Sainsbury's the other day when.........

Oops! must go, I just got a text.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top